Cardinals QB Kurt Warner Feels Playing Is No Longer Fun

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Kurt Warner, flattened like a tortilla, can hardly breathe, every rib howling, wife watching, can't breathe either. Brenda Warner, the most quotable wife in the NFL, has said the decision whether to retire is between "Kurt and God." "I pray that God takes away the desire in me to play this game, I've loved it for so long, I need him to take that away from me so that I can be comfortable with this decision." Warner says.

Source: ESPN

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Of course it's not fun the week that you lost a playoff game and this happened... just let him retire God?! :icon_cry: Poor Warner...

[​IMG]

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

he'll retire and hopefully sunday the saints can 'convince' another old timer to retire (for good)

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It was a legal hit, but man... that's cold. Sizin' up Warner's old butt and laying his hardest hit on him blindly... God saw that hit, McCray!!!

Back on topic... he SHOULD hang 'em up, but he does have a very good team surrounding him. He might not want to leave at this point.

And hell, there's 10-12,000,000 other reasons to stay as well.

5. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

If the game isn't fun anymore, time to retire. Don't be Brett...just do it.

6. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Lienart has big shoes to fill.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He'll be back.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SoDev again.

9. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Well at least Favre admits he can't make a decision, Warner will blame it on God? wtf? Get over yourself Warner, you're pulling a Favre, but won't admit that you just don't know right now, which is perfectly fine. Instead you say you are going to wait for God to tell you. We all know in your case, God is your wife, much like Deanna is God to Brett.

1 person likes this.
  10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I can flip a coin for you Kurt. Just ask....

11. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Call it, Friendo.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Dude I freaking love you for posting that.

Good riddance to Warner if he retires, I've never liked him...

13. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

Kurt has one more year on his contract and still has a good team still around him so I hope he comes back for one more season. I'm seflish, of course, because he's my favorite player. He's just too awesome of a QB still to not come back and play some more.

Anyhow, I hope God has the Sunday NFL Package up there, saw how he played in 2009 and tells him to keep playing.

14. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I can imagine God sitting on his chair made of lesbians to watch the NFL. He's obviously a Saints fan though. Why do you think Drew Brees got so good after moving from San Diego?

15. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

It makes it more of a possibility for the Cardinals to try to trade for McNabb to remain a contender....

16. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

This. He wants that second ring, and unlike Favre as of recent, he won't hold a team hostage to do it.

17. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

If he does, he'll say God didn't give him an answer soon enough.

18. Evaporator

Evaporator Rookie

what would Jesus do ??? :fworks18:

1 person likes this.
  19. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Believe me, I'm the first to scoff at asking God for anything. However, I hope he returns (and that is as a rival fan). I have too much respect for the guy and he is one or two good seasons and maybe a SB away from crossing that gap into the HOF, which I think he deserves.

20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

This remind me on Reggie White. Holmgren finally called him and said something like: "Reggie, this is God and I want you to become a Packer."