Colts President Bill Polian Says "It's Stupid" About Pro Bowl Requirements

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Colts president Bill Polian said he's unhappy with NFL demands that the Colts' seven Pro Bowl players appear at the all-star game in Miami on Sunday, even though they are not playing. "It's stupid, it's a disruption but we'll deal with it." Polian said of the Pro Bowl to an Indianapolis radio station. Polian also said the requirement to send Pro Bowlers such as Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne to Miami early will interrupt the schedule for the Colts, "If it weren't for the Pro Bowl disruption, they would have the weekend off, but they can't because we have to send those players to Miami to do Lord knows what."

Source: USA Today

2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

It is pretty stupid - the Pro Bowl is a joke now, bring back the skills competition and have it take place after the Super Bowl.

3. You can't have it both ways Goodell.

You can't expect Manning and Wayne to make an appearance at the Pro Bowl if there not going to play in it because of more important obligations (Super Bowl XLIV).

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

seriously the skills competition was the best part

5. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Straight up man, at least then we got to see what these dudes can do - the Pro Bowl is just a bunch of great athletes half assing it, and this year most of the invited aren't showing up. Skills competition needs to come back.

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

this

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Is it my understanding that they can decline the invite to the Pro Bowl and not be forced to go, and the only repercussion is that they wouldn't be able to say they were a Pro Bowler this year and they wouldn't get the 25k payday or whatever it is?

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

They should just announce the ProBowl players for the year and let it go, don't play the stupid game just name the players that won and call it square.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Nah, the Pro Bowl is a joke anyways. The fans usually vote players in on name alone and actual play on the field becomes mostly irrelevant. Just stick with the AP All-Pro voting and do away with the probowl entirely. I do agree with other posters that the skills comp is fun, and they should just do that. Let the fans vote on a handful of players to compete in that, in Hawaii, during the offseason when people are jonesing for football. That way the fans still get some input on who they want to see, the players get their Hawaiian vacation, and we get some lighthearted fun to distract us from the draft and free agency instead of a pointless game that the players don't even want to participate in.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

The team should just hold out the players and eat the fines...

Freaking stupid...

11. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

I think winners get $40K and losers get $25K, but by league rules they must meet the MEDIA! But what the heck do I no?

No Fun League? With the pending CBA and to quote Jerry Glanville......Not For Long.

Maybe we should organize a league Fan Union. The league is out of control and they are close to losing all that they had.

12. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

It's Stupid

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Ridiculous...

14. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Watch it, Goodell may fine you. lmao

15. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Just stay home, Colts players. What will Goodell do anyway? Fine you... big deal.
    Maybe if some very big names such as Peyton Manning declines to obey those stupid rules, it would make a the league about getting its head out of its butt.

This.