Cowboy's Draft Needs And Such....Got Some Players Too

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Jihad Joe, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I hate picking 27th in this draft. It almost seems like anyone we "need" worth the 27 spot will be gone, and the guys left we need will be a reach. But then again, we havent even had the freaking combine yet, so who the heck know's

This is a Cowboys fans thread......not a Jihad Joe thread, so feel free to either post your own needs in your order,and/or call me a freaking goober for being completely illogical and ugly

Needs.....in order of preference

Offensive Lineman.......in general

With Free proving to be a solid RT, and a possibility at LT, coupled with the fact that Brewster isnt anything yet, we can go anywhere here, which is good IMO. We can draft a Bruce Campbell.....or we can wait and draft a Ciron Black. However, with our line slowly aging, good young talent is a must. I would like to see at least 2 lineman in the first 4 rounds

Some Guys

Bruce Campbell
    Mike Iupati
    Vladimir Ducasse
    Selvish Capers
    Maurkice Pouncey
    Jon Asamoah
    Jared Veldheer
    Ciron Black
    Tony Washington
    Charles Brown............can go heck himself

Defensive Line

We are entering a crossroads with our defensive like with 4 players RFA's meaning by 2011, 4 of them will either have to be retained or replaced. Even though its a passing league now, games are still won and lost in the trenches. Like the offensive line, we have the luxary of not having to target on specific postion. We can go either DE or NT

Some Guys

Corey Wootton...........me likey long time
    Terrence Cody
    Cam Thomas
    Vince Oghobaase
    Jay Ross
    Torrell Troup
    Al Woods
    Kade Weston
    Ekom Udofia

Safety

Ken Hamlin runs from mediocre to absolute crap, Sensibaugh has played well, but who know's what his long term status in Dallas is. What do we know about Mike Hamlin, and even if he is the Chosen One what else do we have. IDK if he is a Free or Strong Saftey, Im guessing SS since we drafted a "FS" before him last year and we have been freaking around with Ball and Scandrick at FS

Some Guys

Earl Thomas (will be gone, but Im mentioning him anyway's)
    Nate Allen
    Chad Jones
    Morgan Burnett
    Major Wright
    Insert Mid Round CB prospects name here
    Kyle McCarthy

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

charles brown can go heck himself lmao

3. Jihad Joe

Ziggy Angry???????

Ziggy Angry is pure jubilation compared to Charles Brown In The First Round Angry

4. K Train

i would prefer if we call it evander angry....you cant have nicknames like that if you suck, your nickname can only be things like crap bag

charles brown isnt a first rounder by any means, hes one of those athlete tackles former TEs but hes not like a jason smith former TE, he could still be a TE...he offers nothing in the run game and couldnt even play RT imo, hes pure pass protector he will be ok for a pass heavy team i guess.

selvish capers is in that same catergory imo

al woods is still a name that will always intrigue me

5. Jihad Joe

Duane Brown went in the first round......in a good OT draft

You just never know with OT's

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

He is one of those guys that is moldable. he can either be a DE or a NT. Nice guy to get in 5th or later, maybe forth,

Didnt much playing before this year because LSU was loaded on the line, and didnt necessarily smack people in the face with his rod when he did play

6. K Train

that was a great class, the texans were desperate for an OT....the falcons trading up to get baker hecked them.

charles brown offers zero versatility

7. Jihad Joe

I hope he's good at freaking himself, cuz thats what he can go do

CB and WR are possibility's too, CB moreso.

I wouldnt be angry at all if we landed Pat Robinson, particlularly in a divison loaded with young WR talent

8. K Train

i think ghee or wilson would be great picks at 27

9. Jihad Joe

Those two are nice. I would rather have Robinson, he's got more upside, and he wont be more than a #4 CB his rookie year. I would feel much better about pat Robinson covering Desean Jackson in 2012 than Ghee or Wilson, and we wont need him before then. Thats why I see it as kinda a fringe need

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i agree with the needs you listed as in Oline and D line

i really dont know a lot about the players coming from college i dont pay enought attention to them

11. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I agree we need some work done on the Oline but it has been so long since the Cowboys have drafted one in the first round I do not know if they will do it this year. It is a little soon to work out who might be drafted since they have not had the Combine yet and there will be some moves made with the no cap year coming up. Dallas could try and trade or just cut Roy Williams, if they do that would open the door to using an early pick on a WR and I have liked Golden Tate most of the season. There were teams talking to Dallas about trading Bennett last year and that might start back up. I would look at Taylor Mays as someone Dallas would be keeping an eye on, he has the physical skills to be one of the best S in the ball but seems to have the ball skills of Roy Williams, either one. I think Dallas needs to add someone to become a starter at either one of the S spots and still upgrade depth. They also need to find a 4th CB, Ball can not keep going back and forth between S and CB.

Since Dallas runs a 3-4 defense I think they should always draft an OLB every year because there is no telling when you might catch lighting in a bottle. Dallas seemed to do good last year with their 4th round picks but I see no harm in adding someone else into the mix. This year I like O'Brien Schofield he tore his ACL in the Senior Bowl add should be around late in the draft. He might not be ready to play this year which would give the former 4th round picks a chance to prove themselves until he is ready to come back the next year. Most had him as a 2-nd to 3rd round pick and still moving up so if we could grab him in the 5th or later rounds it could be a steal.

1 person likes this.
  12. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I don't know a lot of college players going pro.. but i'ma give it my best shot as always. I love draft day more then the next guy, it's a national holiday for me :) haha. uhm. Position needs/wants in order of needs of course...

OLine:
    Mike Iupati, Idaho.
    Bruce Campbell, Maryland.
    Selvish Caspers, WVU [Booo].

Safety:
    Im with JJ on Mentioning Earl Thomas here. Tho he will prolly go top 15.
    Chad Jones, LSU
    Nate Allen, South Florida
    Morgan Burnette, GA Tech.

Defensive Tackle:
    Dan Williams, Tenn.
    Terrence Cody, Bama.
    Lamarr Houston, Texas
    Cam Thomas, UNC.

Defensive End:
    Carlos Dunlap, Florida
    Everson Griffin, USC
    Greg Hardy, Ole Miss

Slot WR KR/PR:
    Mardy Gilyard, Cincy.
    Jordan Shipley, Texas.
    Jacoby Ford, Clemson.

Wants: -- [Just because of who they are].

TE Cody Slate, and RB Darius Marshall! ... I just want to see a MU player on this squad somewhere, we've never had one on our team. And you have to have one to be successful!

2009 Steelers -- Doug Legursky
    2008 Giants -- Ahmad Bradshaw
    2007 Colts -- Jonathan Goddard [rip].
    2006 Steelers -- noone? eh.
    2005 Patriots -- Troy Brown
    2004 Patriots -- Troy Brown
    2003 Buccaneers -- John Wade
    2002 Patriots -- Troy Brown

7 of the last 8. We need 1!

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

wasnt Moss from there and passed on him...........still haunts me till this day

14. K Train

alright well the marshall player theory is awesome lol

what the hell do you see in carlos dunlap and greg hardy that makes you put them on your list for a team that runs a 34?

everson griffin ill let you slide on because he projects to 34 OLB but i cant see dunlap or hard as being anything but 43ends and not even that good of ones

15. Jihad Joe

I believe Jones said somewhere in 2008 that he was strongly considering an OT in the first. Wheather that was truth or not, I cant say, but he may be softening his stance on not drafting OL in round 1

I agree with you "OLB's" in a 3-4 are alway's something you need to look at, but I dont know about this year after drafting 2 last year in Butler and Brandon Williams, to go with two inside guy's. maybe a late round guy in case Williams cant recover

16. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I heard that they wanted to get Andrews in the first round a few years back but the eagles jumped up and got him. I think that he would do it a OT that would come in and start game one I do not know if he would do if for a OG or someone that would have to wait a year are so. I was mainly just pointing out that they have not done so and like in the game of roulette you bet the streak not against it.

17. Jihad Joe

I hear ya. I dont know if we will have a shot at a OT that can play day 1. Campbell is the best we can hope for at 27, and he needs some work.

To touch on what you said about CB. I dont hink its a huge need right now, but burning a first on a CB in this divison will never be a bad idea. In the NFC East you have Smith, Nicks, Jackson and Maclin to contend with, and Manningham is still a wildcard. Newman is slowly starting to be less and less effective and Scandrick may never be a top #2 in the NFL, which is what your gonna want in this divison.

I like Robinson alot, because he has alot more upside than guys than CB's that will get drafted around him, and he will have the luxury of slowly getting worked into the system

Nate Allen is someone I could see rising to the late first

he would be a great fit in our defense, and played with Jenkins at USF

18. K Train

honestly cant see 4 safeties going in the first....theres at least 32 better players than allen and allens my boy

19. Jihad Joe

I could, 4 went in 2007 and this is a comparable class IMO

20. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

No to Bruce Campbell And Mike Iupati.
    Greg Hardy is appealing to me if he's still there in the 4th maybe 5th. Other than that I wouldn't bother as there are quite a few question marks surrounding him.
    Gilyard and or Shipley both sound good to me.
    Lamar Houston Yes YES. Early 3rd?

Jamal Williams was released by the Chargers. I think we should go after him. How you guys feel about signing him? or giving him a look. Maybe a 2 year 7mi deal or something. He's got health concerns but the payoff could be huge.