Super Bowl XLIV: Colts Vs Saints

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 24, 2010.

?

Who will win Super Bowl XLIV?

1. Indianapolis Colts

22 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. New Orleans Saints

30 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I am picking the saints this year i might jynx them with that pick cause my record in picking superbowls is like 1/9 lol literally only team i ever rooted for to win that won was the colts.

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

My heart wants the Saints to win so badly, but I honestly cannot think of any possibly that doesn't involve a Colts win :icon_sad:

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Unless a completely different saints team shows up this one is gonna be all Colts and painful to watch.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

If the Steelers didn't make it, this is the match up I wanted. Which obviously...the didn't come close...lol.

Can't wait to see it...

5. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

The Colts will probably win, but I'm rooting for the Saints!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Saints.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i have 2 problems with seeing the saints pulling off a victory .......

1) they can't stop anyone on defense unless they get some turnovers. the colts don't turn the ball over very often. i suppose anything is possible but i just don't see the colts turning the ball over 5 times, with 3 of them being unforced. I could see the saints FORCING 2 turnovers against the Colts but the Colts aren't likely to tack on 3 more UNforced turnovers like the Vikings handed to them.

2) The Saints have the ability to move the ball pretty well themselves IF Brees, Bush, and the receivers don't piss down their legs again like they did against the vikes. Their skill position players looked so nervous in the nfcgg, i can't imagine what they're going to do on the biggest stage in the world.

This game, to me, has all the makings of an butt kicking by the Colts. The Saints obviously have the talent to beat the Colts, though, if they show up mentally and their offense doesn't play scared, like they did against the vikes.

8. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

I think the Freeney injury hurts, but I still expect Raheem Brock to do a solid job in his place

9. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

me being an AFC guy i'd go with the Colts.

But since its Payton!

GO! SAINTS!

1 person likes this.
  10. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Saints!

11. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

I think you are vastly underestimating the Vikings defense. The Saints were not playing scared, the Vikings defense is good. Damn good. A lot better than the Colts defense. As for the Saints defense, yes they will have a tough time stopping the Colts, and they will have to get some turnovers. However, the Saints have managed to do just that all season long.

Go Saints Go!

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

PIERRE THOMAS - MVP.

13. Colts still haven't lost a game that they wanted to win. Peyton won't let that happen in the biggest game all year. Colts 38-17

14. CaptainStubing

yes, i agree that the vikes defense may be better than the Colts defense. However, the point i was making is that many of the bad plays/errors being made by the saints offense in that game were not being forced by the vikes defense. brees was throwing weak balls off-target much of the game. thomas and bush were running weakly. and their receivers seemed shell-shocked, were only running half speed sometimes and dropped passes.

15. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

16. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I'm rooting for the Saints....but I think the Colts are gonna win it.

17. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

my brain says colts,

my heart says saints

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgICd1zImXA]YouTube - Roxette- Listen to your heart -first video[/ame]

give me the heckin saints

2 people like this.
  18. CaptainStubing

more than likely, i will be at a friends' place watching the game tomorrow so won't be in the game thread. everyone enjoy! hopefully it's a good one!

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

20. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I'm gonna make a guess for the score...35-24 Saints :D