Saints QB Drew Brees Named Super Bowl MVP

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Feb 7, 2010.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

well deserved. no way on porter. that play came when the saints were already leading. great play but not better than bress' whole game combined.

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Brees deserved that. Porter's INT was a great play but I'd even consider the kicker over him...3-3 and when the Saints definitely needed the points, I can't help but be impressed with that. and Pierre Thomas was also playing like a beast, he just refuses to go down.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Porters pick 6 was epic and it came at a crucial point in the game

4. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

You are all focusing on Porter's pick six. That just capped off an amazing day he had, lining up on Reggie Wayne for the majority of the game and keeping him in check - 5 catches, 46 yards is not very good by Wayne's standards. He should definately be mentioned in MVP discussion, but nobody was as important in getting the win as Brees. His leadership won the game and it couldn't have gone to anybody else.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

yes porter's play was big but again it came while the saints already had the lead, to say the saints wouldnt have won if that play hadn't happened is pure speculation. also, porter's day wouldn't have been so good against wayne if wayne wouldn't had dropped a couple of very catchable balls including one that could've easily been six points.

6. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

:cope:
    I'm a hater for saying the game was fixed??? (Really?)
    Let me be clear, I could care less about who won the Super Bowl... My team wasn't playing.
    I will say this though, That Two point "Conversion" is still a head scratcher because
    LOUiS MURPHY was ruled incomplete.. when he was in the endzone!!!:jawdropper: Come the heck on man, I know I wasn't the only Raider fan that said this.

All in all, The Saints won.
    I just hope that the League gives the Raiders a "BREAK" next season.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

^^^ pleasee share.

8. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

He deserves it. But we gave it to him. We didnt get anywhere damn close to Brees the whole second half. He had at lest 5 seconds every play. Out tackling was horrific. Powers , Hayden, Lacey, and Jennings didnt cause one incptn in the scnd half. Disgracfull

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

The rule is different for in the end zone and in the field of play. Once their is possession and the goal line gets broken, it's a different story...

10. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Porter wouldnt have had a chance at that Pick 6,

if it wanst for Bree's play and the lead that the Saints had.

Bree's hands down.

Besides. whatelse did Porter do? four tackles *rolling eyes*

some of you ppl have no idean what MVP stands 4.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_cheesygrin:

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yeah. Most Valuable Play. And Tracy Porter made it. Thus the game MVP.

13. warcrychief

geesh...why dont you ask that from your owner? the League has nothing 2 do with it.

and no way did this get set up. if that was the case,

dont you think the League would want Brett in there instead of Brees?

keep it 2 your own team, that the League is out 2 get you and your thoughts.

The Saints are just that good. its a new day and age.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

so your telling me that if you take out Brees of that whole game,

that with that 1 pick 6, the Saints would have beating the Colts?

:icon_rolleyes:

bring on the offseason.

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

yeeah sure of course.

15. warcrychief

they already had the lead with Bree's play.

i can see you clearly dont understand.

16. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

silly colts fan....you didn't give us crap (except a pick 6) we took it (to da house)

17. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

riic... any that wasn't given either. Porter took that crap.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Porter's interception wasn't the deciding factor in the game...the Saints were leading at the time. Brees' play was. Thomas' play was. Porter had one good play. Brees and Thomas both had more impact plays.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Apparently MVP=QB

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Actually, MVP ='s QB OR WR in the last 6 - There have been defensive players sprinkled in the last decade. Just not RB...I think Terrell Davis was the last RB to win it in 1998...