Eli Manning Says Peyton Manning Did All He Could In Super Bowl XLIV

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 9, 2010.

1. As the Saints celebrated their Super Bowl championship Sunday night, Colts QB Peyton Manning trudged off the Sun Life Stadium field dejected after missing out on a second ring. His younger brother, Giants QB Eli Manning, attended the game and told ESPN Radio New York's Michael Kay on Tuesday that the Colts' loss was hard to watch. "I was rooting so hard for my brother," Eli said (via Sports Radio Interviews). "I've obviously been there in the Super Bowl (two seasons ago against the Patriots), and you prepare all season and it's so hard to get to that situation, so hard to get there. I just felt for him. "I got to speak to him after the game a little bit, and I talked to him today. He's doing good. I just told him he did everything he could, and without him on that team, they wouldn't be anywhere near what they've done or capable of doing." In fact, Eli agreed with Kay that the Colts would be a 6-10 team without Peyton. "No question," Eli said. "I think he makes every player on that team better. I think he's earned the respect of every coach, player, announcer, anybody who is a fan of football."

Source: NFL.com

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

he did everything he could, except for win
    and not throw a back breaking INT

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

IMO, Reggie Wayne is to blame in that particular situation, all Wayne had to do was muscle his way to the ball and that INT never happens. Blaming Manning for that just isn't right. Wayne also didn't help his team when he neglected to catch that pass in the end zone.

4. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I don't know if I can agree with the first part (I don't remember it well enough) although for that 4th Quarter 4th down play, that was all Reggie...he HAD to catch that...and he didnt. Can't blame Manning for that, it was a catch-able ball and it was 4th down.

5. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Enough looking at each individual play and overanalyzing it. The Saints won; give them credit. I'm tired of hearing about how the Colts are not the best team ever anymore because it was such a sure thing that they would win the super bowl, and that this just destroys peyton manning's legacy; hey "only" won 1 super bowl. seriously?

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

here...let me help you out :icon_cheesygrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Thanks SF72. I don't know Sweets, just looks like a bad pass to me, not sure Wayne could have done anything there.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Platoon, I'm not trying to take anything away from Porter the guy is awesome but you need to see the pass slower not on you tube, Wayne waited for the ball all he had to do was fight for it.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

RF this is called disecting certain aspects of a game if you don't like it then move along you don't need to be part of the discussion we're having. No one is overanalyzing anything and most of us give the Saints all the credit due them, Manning's legacy can't be destroyed by one freaking game anyone with sense knows that.

10. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

one bad pbutt. Manninng played the best he could have the best anyone in the world could had. The Colts could not pressure Brees, could not make key tackles, could not make key catches. Thus they lose. Manning almosts always is perfect, and he would be perfect if his defense put him in better situations, and he got some sort of running game, WHICH we got at the Super Bowl.

11. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I probably do but from that GIF image, it just doesn't look like Wayne could have done all that much to stop it to me.

12. WileyC

WileyC Rookie

It is a team game. One guy can only do so much.

While it was a good call, if that two point conversion went the other way, the game may have come out differently.

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

The interception was Waynes fault.

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i think that the colts and Manning did all they could but the Saints were the better team on sunday

15. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Payton's legacy is to choke in big games. One ring doesn't disprove that.

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Clearly you don't know what you speak.

17. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

The Saints did the better adjustments to get themselfs out of a 10 hole. now 10 points might as well been 20 at how big this game is. the Saints kept it kool and kept grinding away with the ball and kept it away from Peyton.

as 4 Peyton. He never taken a shot down field in the the 4th quarter. he always dumped it off 2 Addai. so i dont feel he did everything he could have 4 his team. Look at all the greats somewhere all of them have risked the game somewhere, and thats what made them great as well.

18. Skarecrow7

Skarecrow7 Rookie

The interception was the Saints fault. Manning saw the blitz coming, they overloaded on one side so it HAD to be thrown to the left side of the field. The Saints did their homework, knew what would happen, and Porter took a gamble (not a huge gamble mind you) and jumped the quick out route. IF anyone on the colts is to blame, it would be the coach for being predictable with his play calling.