The Olympic Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by smeags, Feb 15, 2010.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

well here we are, the winter olympics are under way. one would hope that (men's) hockey gets more airtime than some of these other garbage sports, if you can call them that.

the nhl has stopped it's season once again and allowed it's best players to enter these games and i think it would be bullcrap if "all" of the games were not televised. afterall it's pretty obvious the nhl is doing this to get more exposure for it's league.

i for one am excited to see this tournament. the talent out there is insane and makes for a great bunch of games.

GO USA !

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I'm psyched for this. It should be great hockey. It's going to get airtime, at least all the main games like sweden, russia, states, canada, maybe czech's, and fins all those games should be televised.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Can't wait for it...

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Don't forget Slovakia either.

I honestly cannot see how USA can medal, outside the front line the roster looks real weak, although in a perfect world I'd love a Canada/USA final again, 2002 final was probably the best game of hockey I've seen to date.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You guys make sure and let me know if we got a good match on so I can watch it.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Sunday nights its americans vs canucks. that should be a barnburner.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'll probably check that one out then.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

yes it should, i am pumped for it.

9. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

I know canadians women hockey is pretty good this year.. stomped slovokia I think 18-0 lol........ I have a canadian friend and he says their (men's) hockey team is pretty good this year....... hope USA takes the gold though.....

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Canada's team is pretty goood every year. They could probably field 3 mens teams and all of them do well.

I'd say the best teams in order are.

1a. Canada
    1b. Russia
    2. Sweden
    3. United States
    4a. Finland
    4b. Czechs

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Video from the 2010 Winter Olympics - CTV Olympics

Watch the USA-Swiss game there in top notch quality.

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

1-0 US.

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

2-0.

Hell of a goal by Backes.

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

3-0 USA.

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

The game could be like 3-2 or 3-3 but the Swiss haven't put the puck in the net when they've had clear chances.

Swiss getting a few chances here in the 3rd but nothing doing so far.

3-1. Swiss score on the powerplay. The spread is in jeopardy and the game is still in the wind.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

this is the bullcrap i mean. the games are being played on this continent and they are playing them early in the day instead of prime time ? heck figure skating, want to see hockey during prime time LIVE !

16. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Sundays game will be in primetime. I'm sure you can catch the replays as well. All of Canada's games are in primetime. States norway you ain't going to miss much bra. But I hear where your coming from.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah watching the replays is ok, i just hate figure skating.

cant wait for sunday. may have some peeps over to watch.

18. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Ryan Miller will have to stand on his head on Sunday for us to have a chance.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah it's going to be an uphill battle for the US in these olympics against the likes of canada, russia & sweden but i see them getting to the medal rounds.

20. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I think we can take the Swedes. Canada is freaking stacked.