Has Drew Brees Replaced Reggie White As Best Free Agent Signing Of All Time

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Saintsfan1972, Mar 3, 2010.

?

Has Drew Brees Replaced Reggie White As Best Free Agent Signing Of All Time

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

you know my answer.....what do you think?

and i am in no way trying to take anything from Reggie White, he's one of my all time favorites

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. Saintsfan1972

my argument for brees....

since brees has signed with the Saints:

the team has been division champs twice in four years
    have won 80% of the franchise's postseason victories
    been in the top three in offense EVERY year
    been #1 in total offense three of the last four years
    demolished the old franchise record for points in a season
    he is only the second person in the history of the league to amass 5,000 plus passing yards
    he holds the BEST completion percentage for a single season ALL TIME in the NFL
    led the Saints to a 13-0 record which has only been accomplished 9 times in the history of the NFL
    led the Saints to a Super Bowl Championship.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Where is the option for tie because they both changed everything but in different ways?

4. Saintsfan1972

any of the 'no's' want to discuss?

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This is a tough one dude, but since it's so fresh I'm gonna say yes.

6. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

aaaa, eeee, oooo..... ya im going to have to go with Brees. Drew Brees not only played out of his mind for the last few years but he did it off an injury that docs thought he would never come back from. Reggie white was the man, but the QB is the most important player on the team. Take away both players i dont know, but Saints def dont win the big one w/o breesus

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Best signing of today? Yes... Best signing of alltime? No...

8. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

explain....... I know I am intrested in why you think he is not the best signing of all time.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Reggie White going to Green Bay and as a Bears fan, that kills me to admit it.

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Very tough to split the two apart, but I would give the edge to Drew Brees because he ignited what was a pathetic franchise into our current Superbowl Champions.

Amazing to thing that for once, in these manner of deals, that there wasn't a direct loser in the situation (Miami was an indirect loser for taking Culpepper instead), because the Chargers haven't at all missed a beat with Phillip Rivers and have actually transistioned into a deadly passing attack.

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I agree and probably Deion Sanders in 1995 would be up there in 2nd I think.

12. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I'm gonna say no, but it's very very close.

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The D and ST won us the S B, not Favre. they steped up when the momentum began to swing away from GB and shut down the Broncos O

Brees or White, hard to say. Maybe Brees had more impact as a single player while White was "only" a part of Wolf's and Holmgren's team rebuilding.

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I would have to say that for the Saints, the best free agent signing was Greg Williams. Brought a new swagger to the defense. Now if we get better on defense we should do better this year. Greg's defense normally don't hit their stride until year three of implementing his defense. Hold onto you seats. I don't think last year was a fluke.

15. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I said no, for a lot of Whites playing time he was thought of as one of the best of all times. Brees until last year was always behind, and still viewed that way, as being behind Manning and Brady.

16. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I'm going with yes just because QB is the single most important position on the field. Green Bay was still damn good if the lost White. The '09 Saints arguably don't even make the playoffs without Brees.

The only reason he was behind Manning and Brady was because he hadn't won anything. He put down Manning head to head and won a SB.