Giants Sign FS Antrel Rolle To A Five-Year, $37M Deal

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 5, 2010.

1. The Giants have signed free safety Antrel Rolle to a five-year, $37 Million contract with $15 million guaranteed, and $22.5 million due in the first three years, according to a league source. Rolle becomes the highest-paid safety in NFL history. In 68 regular-season games, 59 as a starter, Rolle had 12 interceptions, four forced fumbles and 1½ sacks.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2010
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Highest paid safety in NFL history, what a joke.

3. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Don't worry, next year someone will take that title away from him. Rumors were Cards offered 6mill a year, Phins were willing to pay 7, he wanted 8+ so all in all it wasn't that bad of a contract.

Edit: We also could even see Eric Berry as the new NFL's highest paid safety depending on who selects him.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  4. Texas Style

Texas Style bitch please

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

wow....good to be a giants fan right now.

hopefully this sets the baseline for darren sharper so we can get a deal done.

6. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Yes it is, watching our safeties struggle and get absolutely abused last year was very hard...I am hoping Kenny Phillips makes a full recover and him and Rolle can hold down our []_[] secondary :icon_cheesygrin:

7. We contacted Sharper a few hours ago in case anything fell through with Rolle. Sharper was our second option. Antoine Bethea would've cost us our #15 overall selection if we signed him to an RFA sheet.

8. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

..... I guess this is a good sign.

9. Saintsfan1972

i caught wind of that earlier and was like ohhh crap :icon_eek:

10. He's reportedly called a "Giant Killer."

Its best for your sake that he remains on your side of the fence. :icon_razz:

Sharper will likely remain in New Orleans. He has yet to make any free agent visits.

11. Saintsfan1972

if he's chasing the int record and not the $$$$$ he will

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Ultimately a good pickup for the Giants. Regardless of the money. It's not an extreme contract, but the amount due over the first 3 years is silly. They have some players at the safety position now. Michael Johnson, Kenny Phillips, and Rolle back there sounds good to me. I think there struggles last season can be accredited to the loss of Spagnulo and lack of a consistent pass rush which we hadn't seen from the Giants in years.

13. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Yea I agree the first 3 years is a large chunk of cash but we really needed him THAT bad. Also I have no idea where these NFL.com guys get their information from..not quite sure how he is the highest paid when Adrian Wilson signed a 5 year 39 mill with 18.5 guaranteed and Bob Sanders signed a 5 year 37.5 with 20 mill guaranteed.

14. Sharper's best option is to return to New Orleans. I hear the Saints and Sharper are having positive talks about a potential return.

15. Saintsfan1972

that's the word in NOLA.....i really hope he returns, he thrives in gregg williams' defense

16. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

I also heard that the Cards matched the Giants offer but Rolle preferred the Giants and loved the idea of playing with Kenny Phillips

17. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Of course it's too much, but whatever, I'd happy. :icon_cool:

I really hope KP can get back.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I saw that too and read that they are good friends.

...hmm, they both wear 21 :icon_eek:

18. He could wear #26 for us. #2 meaning part of his old number with the Cardinals and #6 meaning his college number at The U.

19. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Or 26 to represent for his old friend from the []_[] the late Sean Taylor.