Cowboy's Draft Needs And Such....Got Some Players Too

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Jihad Joe, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

A late/mid round guy I like is Torrel Troup. Kinda a Johnny Jolly clone that could play both NT and DE in a 3-4. I like him alot better than Cam Thomas who has been getting handjobs from everyone latley. Looks like Tarzan, and so on

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

he does look like tarzan.

3. Jihad Joe

Plays like Jane tho

Could be another Tank Tyler

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yeah I'm not really familiar with him...

On a different subject though... What are your thoughts on James Starks? I saw a bit of him on youtube, and watched him at the combine and he's quite impressive. Not neccesarily in terms of us drafting him but just wondering your thoughts on him as a pro prospect.

But I do think we should look at a Running Back in the draft. There's so many good ones coming out of college these days every year.

5. Jihad Joe

Ive been hearing that we may be looking at a HB, I think I posted an article somewhere here, not sure

Dont know much about Starks other than a few video's. I like him, but i dontknow if he is the type of back we need, but then again, thats kinda an overrated thought. Who really gives a heck nowadays what kind of back you are as long as you produce

I really like Blount alot because he runs with an edge, and if we are replaceing anyone its most likley Barber, he is that type of back, but with a little Jon Stewart. Might be too thug for this team, but then again Hodge is kinda thug too

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I was GAGA over Blount prior to his incident this year. I'm not sure if he's a guy we touch because of some character concerns but I'd compare him to Shonn Greene. A guy that could be had probably in the 3rd round and should produce at the NFL level. Shonn Greene was a beast at Iowa and look how quickly he's proven himself in the NFL.

If I'm looking at Running Backs for us, I'll list the following ones that I like and think could be a good fit. I think we should look at a Bruiser or one that has exceptional receiving skills and may be able to line up at WR at the odd play.

In no specific order.

1. James Starks
    2. Ben Tate
    3. Montario Hardesty
    4. Joe McKnight (probably going to go way before we'd want to draft a RB)
    5. Darius Marshall
    6. Dexter McCluster

All in all I think theres a serious lack of speed from the RB class as a whole. A couple guys I wouldn't touch are Dwyer, Charles Scott, and Chris Brown.

Oh and this is our unofficial official cowboys offseason discussion thread.

7. Jihad Joe

Ya, prett much, but more of a draft thread.

But stuff always fits into that.....FA signing changes what the team will do and so on

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Wht do you think about Gerheart

McCluster is a guy thats really starting to grow on me

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I don't care about McClusters timed speed, he plays fast.

When it comes to White running backs im a bit hesitent. This isn't the 1960's. However, Gerhert is a legit prospect and could possibly be successful in the NFL. I love what he did at Stanford he dominated and I could see him running wild in the NFL as well.

9. Jihad Joe

I see we have a similar mentality about white people playing ball

Speaking of which, since you are a horns fan tell me bout Shipley. I hear he is also a ginger, which may make him undraftable

Word is we are also looking at Jared Gaither

That i am 100% on board with

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Gaither... im undecided about...

What's there to know about Shipley? Dude is mister consistent. Just look at his numbers. Great hands catches everything thrown his way, decent leaping ability, good speed (not great) but would play well in the slot, good after the catch, troublesome to bring down, intelligent, good returner but sometimes is shakey back there and will fumble sometimes right when the ball is in his hands on punt returns. Everyone compares him to Wes Welker, which makes sense. Theres tons of video on him to watch on youtube. I'm not sure where he's going to go in the draft but I'm pretty sure most teams are pretty high on him. I''m thinking 3rd maybe 4th, but if he had top flight 4.35ish speed he'd be a first round talent and quite possibly best WR in the clbutt.

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Sensabaugh is visiting a few teams. I'm all for receiving a 2nd round pick for him.

12. Jihad Joe

Same here. Good player and all, but if he gets an offer its gonna be in the 6 million per year rate, thanks tio the Giants and Rolle's agent. No freaking way I want to see him in Dallas at that price, he is pretty much worth what we payed for him

I hope Cleveland with how hecked they are at Safety happens to be one of those teams. 38th pick for a player that was a flier sounds lovely

13. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Browns starting Safeties... Elam and Sense. hehe...

14. Jihad Joe

The real Brokeback Cowboys

My thing with Gaither is that you arent gonna find better value at 27, not even close.

Just position wise, the best LT we will have a shot at is Brown, and he hecks guys

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I like Gaither cause he's young and all, not to mention his impressive size. But with Rookies theres alot of untapped potential and with the way we've been drafting under Wade I like our chances of hitting rather than missing.

16. Jihad Joe

Thats true, and our hit rate on our last 10 1st has been sick, like 80%, only EE and Barbie have been bust's since 1998

The biggest upside to keeping the pick (right now Gaither is the only player I would be for) is the flexability that goes with it.You can use it on any # of things, you can use it to add more picks, or to move up to get a better pick. You it away and you mail in a good portion of a strong draft

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

that was a great read from you two................

i like mcluster i saw his combine workout

18. Jihad Joe

Im going away from the singular fav.....or "Pet Cat" in Tuna talk, this year. And Im going with the Big 3, so that way I dont beat dog when we dont draft Santonio Holmes

My "Big Three" right now in no order

Earl Thomas
    Maurkice Pouncey
    Terrence Cody

19. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

id love it if we got earl thomas

20. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Greg Hardy said he wants to play OLB in the 3-4. What do you make of this JJ?