Why The Chiefs Will Make The Playoffs Next Season.

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Arrowhead4Life, Mar 13, 2010.

?

Will the Chiefs make a run for the playoffs in 2010-11

Poll closed Mar 18, 2010.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  3. Not Sure yet

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I couldn't disagree with you more either. There are a limited number of people that can win 11 games in the NFL as a quarterback. The New England offense is tailor made for Tom Brady, not Matt Cassel. There is more to being a successful quarterback than arm strength.

He threw 10 of his 16 touchdowns in the fourth quarter last year. His QB rating was higher in the last 2 minutes of the halves than the rest of the game. He's tough, has good leadership, and has shown the ability to step up in pressure situations.

When we traded for him, we were going to have to pay him $15 million just for last year because of his franchise tag. His $63 million contract that everyone likes to talk about only has $29 million guaranteed. Meaning by signing him to that contract we only committed an additional $14 million.

He's much better than any QB we had on the roster before acquiring him. Brody Croyle can make all the NFL throws you like to talk about but there's no way in hell he could have won 11 games with the Patriots. His decision making is poor and he can take a hit.

I'm not saying Matt Cassel is an awesome QB, I'm saying he's an average NFL quarterback that we can win with assuming we build the other pieces around him.

2. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I'm Anti-Cassel to the end.

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

The chiefs playoff hopes rest on the shoulders of Matt Cassel. And I don't think he's going to put them into the playoffs. Chiefs defense won't be much better this season.

4. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

The team isn't talented enough to make the playoffs...bottom line. A good draft, another solid offseason, and another good draft and we'll be ready.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

:icon_eek: I didn't attack Cassel in this thread. But I am happy you're thinking of me. And the contract isn't cheap dude, he is one of the HIGHEST paid QB in the NFL.

6. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I love the passion for the Chiefs in this thread guys.

Keep it up.

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

and im tired of hearing that Cassel has a lame arm :icon_rolleyes:

take a look at this throw and tell me again that he is throwing up ducks :icon_evil:

NFL Videos: Copper 50-yard catch

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Wow, that is a decently easy schedule as of RIGHT NOW. Come september, who knows. Right now, I can see the Chiefs going 8-8 or 9-7 with that schedule.

10. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Matt Cassel came from playing in NE...a team with a good O-line, to KC, who had one of the worst O-lines in the league...you can't blame him alone for the losses...I think he'll be fine once he has an O-line to keep him from spending half the game on his back looking up at the sky. As I said before, signing WR's and RB's isn't going to do a whole lot of good unless they fix the O-line.

11. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

:poop2:
    Alright, don't sleep on my RAiDERS!! Easy Schedule oR not - 2010 will be a breakout season for Oakland... MARK MY WORDS! :icon_cheesygrin:

12. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

With Jamarcus?? :laughy32:

13. HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KC AND DENVER WILL DO THAT BEFORE THE RAIDERS ESPECIALLY WHEN U GUYS DONT HAVE A QB!

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Russell or Cassel... I'll take Cassel thank you.

15. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

To answer the poll NO- here is why
    It takes more than one season to build a franchise who has struggled, especially if you have a coaching change, in this case, 3 or 4 coaching changes. You are getting NO arugment here that KC is on the way up. With all the personell changes they are headed in the right direction. But even with a weak schedule, KC has shown the cant win close gamse, and until that changes it wont matter if peyton manning is the quarterback of them. If you cant win the close ones, you wont make the playoffs.

There is light in KC, but i just dont see it happening this year.

16. 2008-09 Miami Dolphins, New coach, New Quarterback, New General Manager. Won the division, made the playoffs, and had the coach of the year....nuff said we can do it if they can.

17. King Romo

the dolphins had had like 3 bad seasons in the past 7 years, kc has had like 5.

18. Still can happen, anything can happen in the NFL and you should know that from experience..

19. King Romo

and you should know not every team is going to become the dolphins and go from 1-15 to 10-6.

20. It was 11-5 and I know that but just saying that I have confidence and that its possible.