Why The Chiefs Will Make The Playoffs Next Season.

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Arrowhead4Life, Mar 13, 2010.

?

Will the Chiefs make a run for the playoffs in 2010-11

Poll closed Mar 18, 2010.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  3. Not Sure yet

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

Possible-yes
    Likely-NO

2. We will see oh yes we will see and I cant wait to prove everyone on this thread wrong and make em look like a bunch of idiots especially with cassels performance overall :icon_cheesygrin:

3. King Romo

thats what you said in july last year:icon_cheesygrin:

4. Big difference- Schedule favors us this year, Superbowl and Hall of fame coaches, easy division, and New players via draft and free agency.

5. King Romo

thats not new information to me, like i stated before. it doesnt matter who you play, if you dont win close games you wont make the playoffs, and until the chiefs prove that they can do so, they will be where they are

6. We will break that this year and will prove it this year mark my words we will get over that hump.

7. King Romo

9. KcBoy92

KcBoy92 Rookie

Okay this is coming from a Dolphins fan. Im not gonna get started. Wait weren't the Dolphins up 34-14 on the Saints and blew that lead all in the 4th Quarter and lost at home? ohkay. Anways. i like our coach but the decisions he has made are completly ridiculous. Release Bernard Pollard for what reason? Doesn't start Derrick Johnson but starts Corey Mays?? And now Bernard is tearing up Houston and Derrick Johnson just made Haley look like an idiot when he got 2 pick sixes against the Broncos in Mile High??? Besides all that we will be good next year! 9-7 if not 9-7 try n take the division. Chargers can be stopped they are going to a pass offense now and who knows raiders look soft and broncos are going to be worse than last year.

10. I couldnt agree more!

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

There is a major difference between the Dolphins of the year before and the Chiefs are now. The Dolphins were a better team despite the 1-15 record. They had a very good offensive line, a potential top 3 running back before his injury, they had Porter, who was playing out of position with Cameron. Parcells brought in a true NT, a very good DE and drafted two more, he put Porter back in his natural position, had a good rotation at LOLB, brought in a good vet LB and solid depth at the position, and he built up some solid depth in the secondary. What exactly have the Chiefs done?

12. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Keep the faith....anything is possible...I do love optimism. :icon_smile:

13. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

And all those moves worked so well for you guys after going 7-9 :icon_rolleyes: and you thought you were going 2 own the east again lol if i remember correctly some1 told you it was your easy schedule that allowed you 2 win the East at 11-5. and you said that had nothing 2 do with it, but then you cant even get in with the wildcard this year. oh im so riding that easy schedule like the fish did last year and hope that we dont fall flat like the fish did lol

14. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Main reason the Dolphins didn't do as well this year is that I don't think they snuck up on teams quite like they did in 08. Teams became familiar with the wildcat, so on, I don't think it was because they were a bad team. Regardless, I think a lot of Chiefs fans would take that 7-9 record right now.

15. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I'd be jumping for joy with 7-9 this year.

16. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

id like to think it was the division leaders that they had to play this year that had them go 7-9 this year. other than the weaskest divisions that allowed them to go 11-5 last year.

besides they had a whole offseason and draft 2 work on getting better, and that didnt work.

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Well shows how much you actually pay attention to what I post because not once did I say that the schedule didn't play into getting into the playoffs. I know we had an easier schedule, plus Brady being out helped. And the "fish"(which is an ignorant statement) had a much harder schedule. So yeah as for falling flat, I never said the Dolphins would make the playoffs, unlike you with the Chiefs last season.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Yeah because the Dolphins are so horrible right?:icon_rolleyes:

18. Ya and you also said when pennington and cassels careers are over that pennington would be better. Im pretty sure that henne is going to take over for u guys next year and that throwing 5 picks in the playoffs shows how lucky it was u got in the playoffs last year and while u bag on cassels arm pennington is also one of those quarterbacks that goes off the short routes and drives down the field for tds and the only differnce between cassel and pennington is cassels arm is stronger, i will give pennington the slight edge in football smarts for now and thats only because cassel has only started 2 years in the league and 1 of them being with the most drops from recievers in the league and a bad o-line. Your dolphins only stability is the o-line if it wasnt for them you would be just like kansas city right now. your defense is "Ok" but your secondary needs work and your backups for almost every position is trash. It would also help if you had another big threat or playmaking reciever like bowe or chambers, oh wait you had chambers but you guys traded him and now its biting you in the butt. How does it feel for someone to breakdown your team now like you do everyone elses even though your the one the watches every week and observes more? :icon_cheesygrin:

19. King Romo

Chad Henne is better than pennington. U of M Baby

20. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Marshall?