Why The Chiefs Will Make The Playoffs Next Season.

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Arrowhead4Life, Mar 13, 2010.

?

Will the Chiefs make a run for the playoffs in 2010-11

Poll closed Mar 18, 2010.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  3. Not Sure yet

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

Nah, Michigan bud. Marshall has produced moss, thats about it

2. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

And Pennington

3. King Romo

Tom Brady?

4. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Haha, no...I was making the point that Pennington went to Marshall.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

As for your "assesment" of the Dolphins, well I guess you put me in my place:icon_rolleyes:. I would take anyone on the Dolphins defense over anything KC has to offer outside of Flowers. And I will make a bet with you that Chambers won't hit 1100 yards and 10 TDs.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Byron Leftwich

7. King Romo

Chad Henne

8. Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Mike Vrabel, and Jarrad Page are also solid players on our defense, and Chambers will do enough to make an impact is all im saying.

9. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

His point was that they aren't better than anyone on Miami's defense, and I'd have to agree.

Not that they aren't decent.

10. You can quit the nut-riding now because you do on every thread he is on and if you dont think tamba hali and derrick johnson arent better then anyone on there defense then your on drugs.

11. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

If KC were in a 4-3 I would agree with you.

Unfortunately, they're not.

That is all.

12. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Maybe if you watched other teams, you'd know a little more. Hali did do much better than I thought he would, but he was HORRIBLE on screen coverage. Remember the Charger games? Yeah, blame Hali for all of those 30 yard screens. As an OLB, you can't just sit back and rush the passer, that's a recipe for disaster.

Vrabel is old, still a solid player, but better than the guys the Dolphins have? I doubt that. Page is okay at coverage, but he misses tackles like nobodies business, I'd take both Dolphin safeties in a heartbeat. Also, don't even get me started on Derrick "2 games a year" Johnson.

13. Well my opinion is that Hali and Johnson are defintley the two that are obviously better then dolphins players.

14. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

That same Johnson who couldn't even get a starting spot on the 30th ranked Chiefs defense? Listen, I think the guy is a playmaker but the reality is that he's also a liability. He misses tackles and blows coverages and assignments constantly. That's why he's not starting. His knack for the big play doesn't outweigh what he costs the defense the rest of the time he's out there.

15. I can agree with that, I wish he would just work and play to his full potential because he could be really good if he would work at it, maybe this year he will get his head out of his butt and actually work at it.

16. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

you tell me. how close did they get 2 owning the AFC East?

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

See unlike the AFC west, the AFC east is full of good teams. The Dolphins need a very good draft and another year before they make a push to be a consistent challenge for the AFC east title. At least I can say that about my favorite team. But this isn't about the Dolphins. The Chiefs have done better this off season but they still need much help on the offensive line. They are set at LG and RG right now but Waters is no spring chicken and who knows how much longer he can play at the level he has been. They need another center because Wiegmann is at best a stop gap for a younger talent. They need help at both tackle spots, but all this can be settled with one draft pick. They still need a NT, another OLB an ILB a SS and a better FS. But I said that already.

18. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i know we are away off from constitanly running 4 the AFC West title. i felt we had an outside shot at making the playoffs IF some things bouncing our way. and NO they bounced the other way 4 us last year. so with that said i feel that we we did compete well in a number of games and gave away alot. and ill still root 4 my Chiefs and not keep my cheering quite. just because i have more enthusiasm 4 my team than you have 4 yours. doesnt make me less of a fan or more. just out root 4 them than you. all in all im right! :p

19. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

You forgot TE and WR