Texas Rangers Manager Washington Used Cocaine During 09 Season

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Roy31, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Here comes a heartwarming story out of the Rangers camp this afternoon.

Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologized Wednesday for using cocaine during the 2009 season and will voluntarily submit to additional testing by Major League Baseball in the future.Washington told the club he used cocaine and offered to resign as soon as he was randomly selected for a drug test by MLB. Club president Nolan Ryan, general manager Jon Daniels and other officials decided not to accept the offer after they were convinced that Washington had used cocaine just once.

Source: Richard Durrett, ESPN Dallas

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

How do they expect Hamilton to stay clean?

3. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

He should not resign. He should be fired.

1 person likes this.
  4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yup, agreed...

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Just a little bump of coke, no dig deal...

6. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

He came forth and admitted it.... Nolan Ryan did the right thing.

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Nolan was probably doing lines with him and Hamilton. With all the talent they have, they must be coked up to fail.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

no he didn't, he only said something because he had to take a drug test and knew he was going to fail.

9. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Ya, and? He also told them he would resign and Nolan & crew decided to work with him. I have more respect for him then the lug nuts who were on steroids and denied it.

10. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I heard about this. If I was him I would resign before he gets fired

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

huh, ya and ?

you said he came forth and admitted it when he did nothing of the sort. he wouldn't have ever said a word if he didn't get popped with a drug test.

12. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

"Washington told the club he used cocaine and offered to resign as soon as he was randomly selected for a drug test by MLB."

He hadn't tested for anything when he was selected to be tested, hence he came forward. Would you rather him keep his mouth shut and be surprised afterwards?

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

yes, he told the club ONLY AFTER HE KNEW HE WAS CAUGHT.

you actually think he would've went to the texans if that test hadn't come along ? c'mon stop being niave.

he deserves no credit for being up front which is what you are trying to give him here. that's basically like trying to give tiger credit for admitting what he did.

14. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I never said he would have went to the front office if he didn't get selected.

He told them after he was selected. He didn't test yet. You're "caught" when it's been proven you've done something. Nothing was proven at that point.

And I'm not being naive, we have different opinions... won't be the 1st time.