Jets Acquire Steelers WR Santonio Holmes For A 5th Round Pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SRW, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

steeler meltdown ITT

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Woke up, automatically pissed again as soon as it popped into my head.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yeah ive been cursing alot today

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Same here. I knew they would "get rid of him" but I didn't think they would let him go for cheap. He's definitely had his issues, but a 5th round pick for him is a disgrace. If Leon Washington were involved it would make it a little better, but I still wouldn't do it for Washington and a 5...

I'm very angry about it...not about letting Holmes go, about getting zero for him...

5. Crowned

I'm over it.

6. K Train

only way ill get over it is if they have another crapty draft this year and i can snitch about that for another solid year

7. Crowned

You have to realize your opinion doesn't/never will matter.. helps you get over it.

8. K Train

i would just like to take a second to look at the talent level of the jets roster and how many first round picks they have

brick, mangold, cro and holmes....knew we couldnt have brick but the last 3 were my favorite players in the 06 draft

brick, mangold, faneca, cromartie, revis, holmes, edwards, sanchez, gholston, tomlinson, pace, keller....all first round picks, thats insane

and alll the ones they didnt get themselves, they really didnt give up much to get

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Would you guys feel better if the Steeler had just cut him?

10. K Train

i think so

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

And honestly, I know they made the AFC Championship, but I still dont think they're than good

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm actually hearing that a lot of the Steelers players are happy he is gone...found that rather interesting...

13. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Unnamed players or did the report(s) you heard give names?

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

i wish they gave names...all they said was he wasn't all that well liked in the lockeroom and that they wouldn't be surprised if there were cheers when the players heard of the trade.