Texas QB Colt McCoy Says He's The Best Quarterback In The Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Short in stature, but never short on confidence, Texas' Colt McCoy, a legitimate possibility for the Browns in this draft, says he's the No. 1 quarterback in the 2010 clbutt. "I do feel I'm the best quarterback in the draft,'' McCoy said this week by phone. "Every quarterback needs to have that mentality, that competitive edge. I'm driven and nobody's going to work harder than me. I don't know where I'll get drafted, but I do know that whoever gets me is going to get the best.'' Most experts have McCoy (6-1 1/2, 215) ranked behind Oklahoma's Sam Bradford and Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen, and projected to go in the second round. But if the Browns hope to land him, and there are strong indications they'd like to, they might have to either trade back from No. 7 or up from No. 38 to secure him late in the first round. "I think the first round is a possibility,'' said McCoy. "It all depends on who likes me.''

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

At least someone had the balls to say it, he kinda softened up when he said "everyone should have that mentality" lol.. He's not the best though,

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He's one of those guys that could very well end up the best in this class and one of the best in the NFL if he lands in the right system with the right team. And he's one of those guys that if he doesnt, you'll never hear about him again.

I think he would do very well in NE

4. I like the guy but he's wrong

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I like him better than Bradford.

6. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I like this attitude. Michael Oher thought he was the best OT in last year's draft. So far, he is, by far.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It'd be stupid for him to say anything different than that. He certainly could be the best. As JJ said, if he ends up in the right system and the other QBs don't he could very well end up the better QB.

8. koro

koro Rookie

He could be a very good replacement for Big Ben.

9. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Hey Colt,

Cool story bro.