Ted Thompson Downplays Packers' Needs To Draft Offensive Linemen

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 17, 2010.

1. The Packers have re-signed aging tackles Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher. They have brought back Jason Spitz and Daryn Colledge with the plan being for one of them to win the left guard job, but injuries tore through the line last season and there was some poor play too. Clifton and Tauscher are near the end and the fear is that if the Packers don’t act soon, they’ll be in even worse shape soon. “I have a lot of confidence in our guys,†Thompson said according to the Green Bay Press-Gazete. “The last several years we have been banged up the whole time, and I would like to trot our five guys out there, whoever they might be, in a healthy group for a number of weeks in a row and see how good we can be. It’s an area that is normally a little more stable, I’ll say that,†Thompson said. “I remember several years when I was playing with the Oilers where the same five guys played every snap for the entire season.â€

Source: National Football Post

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He abandoned the D-backs problems for years now, why should he take care pf the other needs...

3. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

This.