3 Team Trade Nets Lions TE Tony Scheffler, Eagles Get LB Ernie Sims

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by pctrips, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I'm delighted the Eagles got Sims, he's bloody awful, can't tackle for toffee. 13 missed tackles in '07, 12 in '08 and 7 last season! Add in he rarely makes big plays (sacks, ints) and please let him be on the field as much as possible for the Eagles.

1 person likes this.
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

We feel the same about McNabb, dude.

3. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Lol, that's ok.

If Ernie Sims picks off a McNabb pass this year I might just die:icon_redface:

On the other hand I fully expect Clinton Portis to run over his arse:icon_cheesygrin:

4. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

Sims has been on the decline, weather its the system or him. Im not mad they traded him but miffed at what they got....another TE? Scheffler is good but how mant TE's do we need? Mayhew has been god so far so I will wait to pass judgement, there has to be more to this.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You funny hecker you. RIIC.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I dunno, the Lions and Eagles each got a starting quality player, both of whom could be very good starters in the right system...Denver got a 5th. I'd say they got the short end of it.

Not really 100% sure what you're trying to get across here...translation anyone? As for the part I do understand, I'm really not clear on how this move indicates that they are planning on taking Suh over Okung.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I know what I'm having for dinner :icon_frown:...

[​IMG]

I'm surprised he really did go for a 5th. He's certainly worth more than that IMO, especially in the right system.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sims isn't that great. He's lost it mentally and is useless against the pass anymore. Over pursues the rush. Maybe he was trying to do too much on the Lions. He might be able to get his crap straightened out in Philly...time will tell.

The person I really feel bad for are the Bears and Greg Olsen. If Olsen is indeed on the market his value just went in the toilet with the Scheffler deal. Basically Scheffler went for a "5th Round" Pick. The Bears thought they could get a 2 for Olsen...that just went in the crapter...lol.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He had a lot of pressure on him in Detroit, especially his first couple years. When he was drafted he was pretty much the only decent player they had on D. I'd probably lose it mentally too, playing for 4 years smack in the middle of a bunch of crapstains that couldn't make a play if their lives depended on it.

Hopefully playing with less pressure and expectations in Philly will help him get his head back on straight and his career back on track.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Philly could help him as well...

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I dont think its so much just Olsen but everybody. Veteran players trade value is absolute crap this offseason. Even considering there issue's, off the top of my head Cro for a 4th, Holmes for a 5th, Daryl Tapp, Sheldon Brown/Gocong, Kerry Rhodes, all going for 4th's or later

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was going with Olsen b/c the market price was pretty much just set in stone for the TE's with Scheffler and Olsen isn't 3 picks better than Scheffler...maybe a little, but he's definitely not warranting a 2 or 3 anymore like Chicago thought. There was a time when Chicago could have possibly gotten a higher pick.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You've watched that many Lions games to make this kind of judgment?

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've seen the games and the low lights for Sims - over pursuing, hitting the wrong gaps, poor pass coverage. I've also read a lot about his play and it's been horrendous as of late. But it's not all his fault, his coaching staff has asked him in the past to play like he did at FSU and trust his instinct...that was a bad idea. Ask the Lions fans...I'm sure a lot of them are happy he's gone...maybe not for a TE, but nonetheless, he wasn't a great player the last couple seasons.

13. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

It'll be great to watch Ernie Sims playing on that Eagles defence next year, something to look forward to. They definitely got a bargain here.

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Whoa :icon_eek:

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I too seriously doubt the amount of knowledge on the subject you actually have. I admit I have little.... I mean they are the freaking Lions....but certainly you will acknowledge the potential of this to be a great move considering it was for a 5th rounder.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've already acknowledged that it could be a good move for Sims to get off the Lions roster and onto the Eagles.

I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I've seen his poor play, read about his poor play and his poor play on the Lions isn't only my opinion...lol...it's been going downhill since his rookie season.

17. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

I have watched every Lions game (that wasnt blacked out lol) Ernie had moments that would get you excited but never really put it all together for the whole game or season. I hope he does well in Philli.