Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I thought they were going to take Spikes... Worilds is faster and better on special teams, so maybe that's the reason they chose him instead of Spikes...I usually trust their LB picks...let's just hope Jason doesn't get grouped into the Bruce Davis/Alonzo Jackson category...

Emmanuels Sanders...don't know a lot about him other than he's a special teams guy. A lot of attention going to the ST this off season...a little too much?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Thaddeus Gibson in the 4th...

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm very happy with our day 3 picks.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

What do you guys grade the draft as a whole?

I loved day 1, day 2 was meh, and day 3 went way better then I expected and I actually think we will be seeing alot of these names for years to come. I'm also throwing in the fact they made a trade to get McFadden back! I give this draft a B+ from the start, we won't know for a 2-3 years though how good of a draft it actually is.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Pouncey alone makes it a B+ for me. They definitely went to town trying to improve special teams which I love. I really would've liked to see them address the DT position but I like the depth they got at OLB.

Holmes for McFadden sounds a hell of a lot better than Holmes for the Jets 5th round pick. Stillnot equal value, but it helps and I think McFadden will help the back end of the D. He didn't really light the world on fire in Arizona but maybe he'll rejuvenate in Pittsburgh. LOVE the pick up of Dwyer. I think that was a STEAL!

All in all, I like it. The only pick I question was the Antonio Brown pick. There's just too many WR's on the roster as is. I'd rather they use that for another position...but oh well...he's supposed to be ridiculous on Special Teams.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's rumored that the Steelers signed Damon Cromartie-Smith, S, UTEP as an UDFA...

6. Crowned

I love our 7th round pick, and maybe it's just me but I'm almost positive we will be seeing Doug Worthington at defensive end for years to come in the black and gold.

Stillers sign Ciron Black.. freaking nice

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ciron Black's a nice pick up!!

Rumored to have signed RB Andre Dixon as well...

8. Crowned

I've been following Ciron Black his whole college career the dude was a 1st round pick at one time but fell off his senior year I just hope he can get it together and possibly slide to right tackle. I already sent him a message on facebook welcoming him to the Steeler Nation

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

If he can return to second or third round pick status, I'd be very happy!! lol...

10. Crowned

What happened to ktrain? and how are you guys feeling the day after??

I can't wait for pre-season.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm not seeing the Ciron Black signing anywhere...is it "official" yet?

12. koro

koro Rookie

Hey folks, what do you think about the draft of the steelers? It was good?

I think that all the picks are really good.

13. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i was away for the weeked, could barely follow along.

gibson gave me a raging boner for like a solid 2.5 days, and when they took gibson and dwyer and got bmac back in the same day i cried happy tears, put them in a cup and drank them.

sanders has good hands, hopefully he can be a good pro. not crazy about the worilds pick cause i wanted cody or tate...and i do believe we will regret not taking cody when he and ngata heck up our day running the ball, but im having a hard time snitching sicne we drafted 3 players i had mocked to us and got one as an UDFA so 4 of the players i had going to the steelers are steelers today. bow to me (black, pouncey, gibson and dwyer...just got the rounds way wrong for gibson, dwyer and black lol)

14. Crowned

If Ben is able to participate in training camp Leftwich, Dixon, or Batch will be cut. Clearly it will be Leftwich or Batch and If it's not Batch I'm flipping my lid.

15. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

clearly it has to be batch

16. Crowned

Source

This freaking makes me want to punch a freaking baby.

:flow:

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Put the gun away...you've been saved...

18. Crowned

correct :dance:

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

20. Crowned