Donovan McNabb Responds To DeSean Jackson's Comments

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, May 8, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Washington quarterback Donovan McNabb finally responded Saturday to comments made by Philadelphia receiver DeSean Jackson last month. The former Cal star told The Sporting News that he was "very happy with the decision" by the Eagles to trade McNabb to the Redskins. Jackson also said: "I don't think we lost anything, even with McNabb being gone." McNabb's criticism of the Eagles' young players in the regular-season loss in Dallas caused Jackson, in his second season, to bristle. "It's so wild when people get to talking when you're not there, but when you're there everybody loves you," McNabb said. "So I guess people will go deeper into it than I will. I'm a Redskin, no longer an Eagle. I had 11 great years and I'm moving on with my life, so whoever may say things when I'm gone, more power to them, but it's not making you look like a bigger man."

Source: Associated Press

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
  2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

5....as usual, is right. STFU Lil D Jax

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Why do you say that theres nothing wrong with desean saying hes happy about kevin kolb being the qb.Kolb and desean connected real well in there games together.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Jackson's not stupid. He knew who was gonna be throwing the ball to him most of his career

I like them too, but what the heck dude

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  5. ball in the baskett

lol i was bored

6. Jihad Joe

I honestly think Maclin is gonna be Kolbs #1 eventually. Better all around skill set, and like Baskett said, Kolb isnt gonna be the deep ball passer McNabb was

7. ball in the baskett

Idk kolb passed to desean a hell of alot in the 2 games he started. Doesent have to be the deep ball all the time. That one pass was a simple slant pass and desean blew by everyone.

8. Jihad Joe

Thats was 2 games, not a season plus. Jackson's not gonna be that WR game in game out. Thats more Maclins game

9. ball in the baskett

Hopefully he has good games vs dallas he got shut down twice and the second time was after talking crap lol just get one of these :groan:

I hate mike jenkins

10. Jihad Joe

lol, he got shut down 3 times actually. And that was Newman

Newman was covering Jackson. Jenkins was on Maclin

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  11. ball in the baskett

You sure?

that cant be right werent jenkins and desean talking smack to eachother before the game?

12. Jihad Joe

Positive.

And Jackson was talking crap to Jenkins because they are actually friends

13. ball in the baskett

o ok that makes sense

im looking foward to the skins eagles games this year it would be cool for kolb to play real good against them and beat a mcnabb lead skins team.

14. Jihad Joe

Dont you ever change

15. ball in the baskett

what? lol

16. Jihad Joe

Just noting and showing affection for classic Baskett Aw Shucksism

17. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

2 pages of discussion that vaguely has something to do with the subject....imagine that.
    McNabb took the high road in this and is right about how funny it is that people talk smack when you're gone but love ya when you're there. Unfortunately it's kinda typical new kid NFL talk. Seems to be the way things are done any more. Doesn't happen very often that players say... " Man....I'm gonna miss that guy. He was our leader and busted it for 11 years for us. Not sure why he's gone now and it won't be the same without him."
    Too afraid ownership will boot em to the curb? To much it's all about me mentality? Not sure...

18. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

If you say you are taking the high road you are not really taking the high road.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

True manster...... But 5 didn't say that now did he?

The sad part is that Desean Jackson is a star in the NFL because of McNabb's skills. He will likely be an often injured second option because of Kolb's

20. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Mcnabb should know about this well, he certainly knew how to do it himself.