Donovan McNabb Responds To DeSean Jackson's Comments

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, May 8, 2010.

1. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

So Kolb is as good as McNabb? Disagree with that but who knows what he will be. I am just saying that it's become common place to say stuff like Jackson said....."Oh we'll be just as good." Oh we didn't lose a thing when a future hof'er left." "Oh that guy who helped me score all those espn highlight td's wasn't that important"

Maybe I'm stretching the hof'er with McNabb but he was the team leader and took them to how many championship games? 4? 5? Saying it's not that big of a deal is and understatement under the guise of team unity and support.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

this is the typical opinion of an outsider or someone who didn't see and hear all of the comments mcnabb has made in post game pressers.

tell me why should have jackson made the type of statment you say he should've ? OMG what are we going to do now that he's gone. what kind of a player would say something like that ? NONE !

they all say things are going to be fine or even better. they have to say that even if they dont beleive it in their heart. they dont throw the new incumbent QB under the bus by acting like the sky is falling.

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

McNabb ripped Owens? I don't recall him doing so. I remember him joking about the situation a few times in typical dorky 5 fashion, but not ripping him, IF he did it's CERTAINLY a different situation comparing Owens leaving Philly to that of Donovan's leaving Philly.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

see this is what i mean, it was MCNABB got them to the 5 nfcc games, he was the leader, he's the reason they had success. but when they lose it and throws game ending int after another game ending int it's everyone else's fault.

the TEAM got themselves there and the TEAM lost those games. mcnabb was part of the wins as well as the loses.

he's gone, it's time to move on. jackson's comment are more than a month old but thankfully mcnabb took the high road.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

just think there's a difference between honesty and throwing under the bus so to speak. Why not say it as it is...like "we're gonna miss him but I think we'll be fine with Kolb. Just give him some time." instead of the whole...we're not gonna miss a beat thing.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

and as far as the outsider looking in part all I was commenting on was this particular case not every post game press conference. I didn't see them all and can't comment. Although you can ask Dawk about how many times I beat up on McNabb.

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You can't play it both ways. You can't say it was a team effort that won the game but it was all 5's fault when they lost. The fact is that 5 was a PART of why they won more games and scored more points then under any other QB in team's history BUT he was also a PART of losing games too including NFCC games and the Super Bowl. He was never the sole reason for winning or losing.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's how mcnabb rips someone, in that dorky fashion. but make no mistake he's ripping. he made many comments about the team being better without him and it is the same thing because mcnabb wasnt wrong to NOT act like the world was ending because his best option at WR was gone.

you don't get the post game pressers and you don't get the mid week pressers where he'd say these things and also flat out throw him and others under the bus constantly when reporters pressed him about his bad performances. leaders don't do that.

no crap and i nver said anything like that. see from above, from the same damn post.

don't worry, i have a meeting for an hour so this thread just die out. :icon_cool:

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Have you every heard of Home Page - Philadelphia Eagles ? It's this AWESOME website they have wehre every press conference is streamed and archived. It's great for the majority of Eagles fans who by the way, DON"T live in the Philly metro area

The hilarious thing is your sitting here defending Jackson for what your criticizing 5 for doing. The problem is not that Jackson didn't come out and say the sky is falling. It's that he named McNabb specifically and said he is happy about him leaving.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

The whole thing is so overblown its funny i bet desean just watched the story on espn confused lol. He did nothing wrong at all no matter what people say. It was laughable watching the guys on espn calling him cocky and stuff. I guess they wanted him to be like damn it sucks that hes gone booo hoooo.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't believe this back and forth nothing is being talked about so much. It's a non-story. Neither player said much. It's not a feud. It's media fueled.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Thank you BiTB. I can always count on you :icon_cheesygrin:

As EVERY media story with Donovan involved it comes with ALOT of baggage.
    Plus it's the offseason. What else are we supposed to do?

13. ball in the baskett

He never used the word happy at all lol

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

15. ball in the baskett

Thats not what i heard fro the interview i watched i doubt he said very happy even if the article says so

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

It's a direct quote from a major sporting news cover story. I don't think they would just make up words to put into his mouth.

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

18. ball in the baskett

Its definitly something thats just sturred up by the media

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

It's not a BIG deal by any stretch and the Philly media is definitely playing it up like they do EVERYTHING involving 5 BUT we all know that if 5 ever gave an interview and was asked about a former player being traded (to a division opponent no less) and he said "Basically, I was just very happy with the decision that was made." he would be destroyed. It's a ridiculous double standard. Now he never would have done that but if he ever had then he SHOULD be criticized just like Desean Jackson should be now

20. ball in the baskett

I think nobody should be critisized because its something created by the media thats not there lol. Espn compared it to the TO thing talk about a slow day lol