Donovan McNabb Apologizes To Philadelphia For Not Winning A Ring

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, May 14, 2010.

1. Donovan McNabb may have turned the page on his time in Philadelphia once and for all Friday with his apology to Eagles fans for not winning a Super Bowl. The 33-year-old quarterback was traded to NFC East rival Washington in April after 11 seasons with the Eagles. He led the team to five NFC Championship Game appearances and a berth in Super Bowl XXXIX, which it lost to New England by three points. "I look back, the things that I set out that I wanted to accomplish and bring back to Philadelphia I wasn't able to, and I apologize more than anything to the people of Philadelphia, not bringing that Super Bowl to them," McNabb said during an interview with 97.5 The Fanatic Philadelphia. Upon joining Washington, where he'll wear a burgundy No. 5, McNabb's reflections toward his former team and city were upbeat and gracious. "I felt I was treated fair," he said last month. With the Redskins and under new Washington coach Mike Shanahan, McNabb will attempt to pull a "John Elway", winning a Super Bowl as he approaches his mid-30s and also will need a new contract at some point, he has one year left on the 12-year, $115 Million contract he signed with the Eagles in 2002. "I'm turning 34 this year," McNabb said last month. "And [Shanahan] finished John's career with two Super Bowls. Hopefully I can continue to follow behind that."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Apology not accepted.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He should apologize, it was all his fault.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

By most, certainly not by all.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And he better plan on putting a crapload of points on the board, have some workhorse running backs, have a top 5 ranked offense and a top 10 ranked defense if he wants to follow in John Elway's steps.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

This. RIIC

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Screw whatever feelings he may have felt... That is being treated 'fair'.

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

He doesn't owe an apology for crap... he brought more consistent winning than that franchise has ever seen. Only the most ungrateful and spoiled Philly fans would even think he would need to apologize.

1 person likes this.
  7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Shaddup.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Get outta here with that spoiled crap lol calling philly fans spoiled is just dumb. How can you call philly fans spoiled when the only thing we got recently is the phillies win a championship. New york fans are spoiled having the yankees win all those rings and they will still boo any chance they get thats spoiled.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Maybe he should have said ungrateful?

10. ball in the baskett

ehhhhh i guess it would be a bit better but still in the end we as fans got nothing out of it but heartache year after year.

The eagles were like a woman giving you blue balls getting you all excited year after year but in the end you dont get the cat you wanted to make you happy

1 person likes this.
  11. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

So you have to jack off like its the Superbowl?

12. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

:facepalm: Bitb...

13. DawkinsINT

This may be the most profound thing you've ever said. I'm guessing you heard someone else say it. :icon_cool:

14. ball in the baskett

No actually it was all me lol

15. DawkinsINT

I repped ya for it.

16. ball in the baskett

17. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I said "Only the most ungrateful and spoiled Philly fans would even think he would need to apologize."

I didn't call all Philly fans spoiled, just the whiny snitchy ungrateful ones, and what the freaking heck do the yankees have to do with anything... heck baseball.

18. ball in the baskett

Just pointing out a spoiled fan base cause philly fans arent spoiled by a long shot

19. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

like my dad always said if the shoe fits then stick it up your ass

20. Rich7880

Rich7880 HOLD ME!

He got them closer than Randall Cuminhands.