South Florida Committee Chairman Calls NJ Super Bowl Vote "Fixed"

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, May 26, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, after losing out to New Jersey in Tuesday's 2014 Super Bowl vote, South Florida host committee chairman Rodney Barreto said, "The fix was in for New York. We threw $1 million extra on the table last night for game-day expenses. We could have put $10 million and it wouldn't have made a difference. We put an incredible presentation that clearly was head-and-shoulders above everyone."

Source: Miami Herald

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

The coin toss between the Jets and the Giants to open the new stadium was fixed also. Only in New York people, only in New York.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Oh boo hoo, the state of Florida isn't going to host the 2014 Super Bowl, yeah I feel for ya.....NOT

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

they will probably have 5 of the following 10 between jax, miami, tampa

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I don't think that's the point he's making here. He's saying NY/NJ was a lock and the whole "process" was a smokescreen. To which I say....no crap!

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Seeing as Florida has hosted like 4 of the last 6 Super Bowls they need to STFU.

7. [​IMG]

8. LoneWizard

LoneWizard Rookie

How to win friends and influence people - Miami just insulted all 32 owners. It will be a cold day in HELL before they get another super bowl.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I doubt that highly, and I also hope for a blizzard-ice-storm combo to fall upon NY-NJ come SB time.

10. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Man, they host every other Super Bowl in Florida and they're still crying. :icon_eek:

11. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

12. Rich7880

Rich7880 HOLD ME!

We need LT to take care of the guy!

13. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

i dont like NY getting it, it will be 37 degrees or less on game day, what kind of super bowl is that?

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

is that really going to bother you sittting in your house watching the game ?

15. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

As Mayor Bloomberg (I think) says, it's football, not beach volley. :redface:

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I don't give a crap what the people in the standd care about the game.

I don't give a crap if the half time show is cancelled because there's a possibility that everyone in the stadium may be shocked to death.

Stupid idea.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

HH is so right on in all of his posts in this thread

18. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I don't really care if the Browns 3-peat in NY/NJ or Florida. I can already see myself muting the Bon Jovi pregame special and the Springsteen halftime spectacular though.