Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey Was Impressive During OTA's

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by pctrips, May 26, 2010.

1. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Wednesday's surprise name to be making the rounds in the news: Darrius Heyward-Bey. The Raiders made the second day of their three-day OTA session open to the media Wednesday, and it coincided with what sounds like an all-world performance by Heyward-Bey. Oakland Tribune columnist Cam Inman called it Heyward-Bey's best practice in a Raiders' uniform, and explained why. David White of the San Francisco Chronicle passed along that CB Nnamdi Asomugha also considered it the best practice he's ever seen out of Heyward-Bey. "I don't think there's any question, Darrius was really on today," Raiders coach Tom Cable told reporters. "I thought a lot of things went into that. The quarterbacks threw him a lot of balls on time. He caught the ball well, made a move with it after the catch, which was most impressive. That was a very good day for him."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
  2. RaiderTilliDIE

RaiderTilliDIE Raider Nation

hopefully itz a breakout year for him

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

With Russell off the team, who the heck knows, but I doubt it dude.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

whys that?

he was a legit first round talent and will probably be a good player, its not his fault they reached for him in a disgusting way at #7

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it's too early to completely give up on dhb. obviously we all scrutinized his rookie year because the raiders reached for him. he could end up being a decent #2 receiver. he might be in the league for many years. i don't see him ever being a top 5 receiver but he could rise to the level of a desean jackson and give the raiders that home-run punch.

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he was always a project, but the immense potential is there....the fact that hes a raider holds him back and the fact that he got like a $27 million deal makes everyone want him to dominate but he is like 6-3 with blazing speed, hes just so raw...he was the type of kid that plays football because hes incredibly fast and big, just like kids in high school that play basketball cause they are tall. i think jason campbell is a good fit there and will help that passing attack. im on DHBs side, its not his fault al davis is an idiot

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

i would have taken crabtree, maclin, britt and nicks over DHB, but again, thats not his fault