Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Bears 88, Apr 11, 2010.

1. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The Blackhawks knew full well the Flyers would put up a fight so far through two games and they know the Flyers will put up a fight for the rest of the series. I loved how the Blackhawks didn't take any of Daniel Carcillo's crap last night. Games 3 & 4 in Philly will be interesting. The Blackhawks are actually more comfortable playing on the road. I'm not going to predict the outcomes for games 3 & 4 but I expect both games to be as physical as game 2 was.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

either game could've went the flyers way. leighton just didnt come up with enough saves. that eager goal last night made me want to puke.

ben eager ? really ? FML

3. DaBearsrule4ever

Oh wait, Eager is a former Flyer, isn't he? :icon_cheesygrin:

What about Sharp's goal on saturday?

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hate you twice now. :icon_sad:

the better team won both games. not giving anything up yet but coming back against the hawks will be harder then doing it against the bruins.

that said i can see the flyers winning both games at home.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

The series 2-0? Yes

Is the series over? NO

I'm aware what the Flyers did to the Bruins and thats why I hope the Blackhawks put them away as quick as possible.

The Flyers went from a team whos season was on life support the last day of the regular season to getting in the playoffs as the 7th seed in the east. Then defeating a hall of fame goalie in the first round. Then back to having your season on life support again once the Bruins had a 3-0 lead against the Flyers, only for the Flyers to come back and win in 7 games. The Flyers fans should be proud of this team either way. They have had one hell of a story to tell on their way to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  6. AlexOvechkin

AlexOvechkin World Champions 2008!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sE5FhuohCM]YouTube - HNIC - Stanley Cup Final - Opening Montage - May 31st 2010 (HD)[/ame]

Even after watching it 15 times and despite yesterday's loss this video still makes me flesh crawl!!!

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

flyers hung tough, but they are defense and thats what they were expected to do. i cant believe game one went the way it did but game 2 is what i expected all along. i wouldnt be surprised to see this be a sweep, flyers are in over their heads

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

true that but it would sure be even sweeter to end the story with a parade.

either way the fisrt two games were incredible. if you're a fan of hockey you can't be disappointed so far.

9. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Just wanna celebrate in front of Pronger's snitch butt.

Gutless pr**k.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

it's official, you're an idiot.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

Not all stories have happy endings. Whether this one has a happy ending still remains to be seen.

12. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ORP5rmR2o&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Adam Burish's Hit On Lukas Krajicek (May 29 2010)[/ame]

after hossa, the next blackhawk made the same hit like ovechkin ... and again only 2 min

ov got game misconduct + 2 games

13. DaBearsrule4ever

I agree that second Flyers goal was a goal BUT reviewing it two minutes later? WTF!

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It's NHL rules. They don't review until play stops. It makes sense.

15. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

2-2 at the end of 2.

17. DawkinsINT

Another soft goal given up by Leighton in this series. Ugh.

18. DaBearsrule4ever

It's still a WTF rule though. Was it really hard to just blow the whistle right away though? I'm sure the refs could have done that if they really wanted to. Still a good game though. Tied 2-2 after 2 periods. This is anyones game going to the third.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

If it could have been done. :icon_cool:

19. DawkinsINT

Action only stops when the refs call a stoppage. They didn't call the goal, the Flyers lamp lighter did. He isn't an official part of the game.

20. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

wtf channel is this game on