The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I would punch rendell is his freaking face

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Don't know anything about him, but after reading that article I know enough about him to say that he can heck off.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

marlon jackson went down in practice today. sounds bad.

great freaking pick-up. :icon_rolleyes:

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Word. Yet another significant injury retread swing and a miss by Reid

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

torn achilles.

question - why would you have a guy coming off his injuries practicing full speed on TURF at this point in the off-season ????

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  6. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

question to Eagle fans

is it true, did you guys pelt Santa Clause with snow balls long ago?

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

The 'real' Santa couldn't make it to the stadium, so they grabbed some Eagles fan out of the stands that was dressed like Santa.

9. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

lol I didn't mean anyone in this thread literally I meant eagle fans
    that's what I heard lol

10. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Yeah, a huge blizzard kept him away and the and the replacement happened to be some butthole who was being drunk and belligerent the whole first half which is why people booed him

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Still with the Santa.........

You guy's werent really counting on Jackson, were you?

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Nope. Which was my point the second he went down. He was a shot that obviously missed but with him going down this early it shouldn't mean rod. We have alot of eggs in the pan as far DBs go. I just hope enough of them become omelets by the time the season gets here

13. Jihad Joe

Pretty much.

Jackson was a "bonus" guy

If he stayed healthy and played, it was pretty much a bonus. Not a guy you are gonna structure anything around

14. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

I heard it was during half time and the Eagles were getting beat down by the Cowboys which didn't help their attitude lol

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

To be honest, I'm glad it happened. Get him out of the freaking picture. He had no business even being in the picture for starting safety. And yeah, maybe this will be another sign Reid needs to stay out of these types of situations.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So you're saying put the guy through the worst possible situation to see if he can handle it?

I like that, not a gambler.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

it's not about structuring something around him but you kidding yourselves if you think he was not going to be put out there as the starter. he absolutely was. does it mean he would've gotten the starting position ? no but it was his to lose which should tell you something about what's still there. plenty of eggs in the pan at the db position ? really ? take a look at those eggs. are you impressed ? you shouldn't be in because beyond the rookie allen, yes the rookie, they don't have much at FS & are very thin at quality CB's as well.

18. Jihad Joe

You're a poopy head

Now its serious time.....

What I meant by structuring is that your not gonna plan on having Marlin Jackson being a long term solution. Your not gonna stop scouting FS's or looking at the wire for them because of Jackson.

Odds are a healthy Jackson wins the FS spot. If you can avoid using a rookie FS in the NFC East, you do it. The good thing however is that Allen is more a heady type prospect, less a sick athlete. Doesnt have the growth potential of Earl Thomas, but could very well be a better rookie Safety

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

the issue is how much of a chance was there to have a healthy jackson ? he was a wasted move. the eagles have turned over this roster and i saw no reason to sign a guy like jackson. at the end of the day it may work out for the best though. why not play the rookie, the defense is going to be suspect to say the least anyway.

also, why do you have he and bradley practicing on turf for in OTA's ?

20. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Top to bottom I think they have a terrible sad excuse for a football team. I think what they have in LeSean McCoy is something special, better than Westbrook and more all-round back but he needs his touches. Jackson is just okay, and Maclin can beat you sometimes. Eagles have never lost a game after the bye under Andy Reid which I gotta say is rather impressive and deserves some recognition.