Dolphins Owner Says QB Chad Henne Could Be Better Than Marino

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Jun 6, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has put a significant amount of pressure on the shoulders of quarterback Chad Henne. Ross, speaking at a local high school in Miami Beach on Saturday, said that he expects Miami to play in Super Bowl XLV and that Henne could become the greatest quarterback in team history. "Chad has been the greatest quarterback the University of Michigan has had," Ross said, "and I'm sure that I'm hoping, as is everyone else, that he goes down as the greatest quarterback in Miami dolphins history –- and you know what that will mean." Dan Marino spent his storied career with the Dolphins. In 14 games (13 starts), Henne threw for 2,878 yards with 12 touchdowns and 14 interceptions while his passer rating was 75.2, which ranked 22nd in the league. With the lofty expectations Ross has set, those numbers will have to improve drastically -- and fast. "Chad Henne can handle pressure, that I can tell you," Ross said. "He started at the University of Michigan as a true freshman, playing in front of 110,000 people and leading them to the Big Ten championship as a true freshman. I think the Miami Dolphins have a great quarterback for the future, and I think everybody in South Florida is excited about what Chad Henne brings to this team."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I don't know if anyone can be better, but I am excited to see what he can do with a real WR.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I wonder what Marino is thinking.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:Loco:

My sides hurt...

5. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

:facepalm:

6. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Good luck with that. Just saying.

7. brakos82

I posted this at the Texans boards and 3 out of 4 Old Farts agree that this should be in the Drunk Thread.

8. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. brakos82

But..... what if Dan Marino throws it in the fridge? :think:

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Stop it dude, my sides already hurt...

:Loco:

11. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Could be, but he won't be.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

So misleading. Read the actual quote.

He says he HOPES he turns out better than Marino. Big freaking difference than he think he COULD be better than Marino.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:lmao: rep

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i was just thinking that this thread should actually be put in the WTF? thread at GIF because this is a head scratcher.

15. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I gotta go to Miami. Sounds like they got some very good crap down there. I got 10 on a 20 sack.