GIF ESPN Keeper League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Walnuts, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

I've been setting up a couple leagues I ran last year and was wondering if there was interest here on GIF in getting a new keeper league going. I'd have to limit it to GIF "vets" just to try to ensure that owner overturn is kept to a minimum but if youre into it post in this thread and the first 12-14 get in, depending on interest. I don't like to go over 14 usually because the disparity between good and bad gets too great and people dont enjoy it as much, despite the fact I think that the greater need for strategy and skill can make big leagues fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I think it's a great idea, we had one going for a couple of years but it fell by the way side. I'd be interested in joining.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yahoo or Espn?

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'll let the players decide, I know some people live and die by ESPN, some by Yahoo, but I'm pretty indifferent so whatever the majority wants is fine. I haven't set anything up yet, I was just trying to gauge the interest level first...

So yeah, if people are interested, why doesnt everyone post their site preference along with their interest and I'll take the majority preference of the first 12-14.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

id do it on espn...yahoo is a bane of my existence

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I prefer yahoo, but either is fine.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I don't care I can lose on either...

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd be interested.

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I'll play, don't care what site.

[​IMG]

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Alright since only one person really had a strong opinion I went ahead and set it up on ESPN. PPR with small big-play and big-yardage bonuses. Since it's PPR and since I like to change up the traditional draft strategy I went with WR/TE for the flex position instead of the usual WR/RB. 2 keepers a year regardless of draft position. I would have liked to make it like 5th round or later for keepers but apparently that's not an option on ESPN. Draft is Sun, Sept 5th at 8:45 PM EST, 5:45 PST. I tried to make it not too late for the East Coasties and not too early for the Westies.

If you are interested in playing, you need to PM me a working email address to send the invite to.

Let's do this!

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Ill join i was in all the gif leagues last year won 2 out of 4 and got second in 1

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

officially in looking foward to it

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Right on baskett, I'm looking forward to it as well.

Halfway full, 6 spots still available!! I'll expand it to 14 if interest increases

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Nah keep it at 12.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm all set up and crap

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

le bump still need 5 more owners and mush needs to accept his invite.

16. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Thought I did? I'm on it.

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i want in if im not in

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

email me again please.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You are not in yet. PM me an email addy and I'll send you an invite.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

done

20. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

In, and ready for the season to get here