The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Hot Tub Time Machine - I didn't expect it to be very good, and it wasn't. There were enough laughs though to make it worth watching once.

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Hot Tub looks bad to me now, and once HH said it was hilarious I knew it was bad, that dude said Pineapple Express was funny and that movie was downright terrible.

I saw Avatar - better than good, didn't live up to the hype however
    Messenger - best performance I have seen from Woody Harrelson, great movie, acting, writing, filming - top notch
    the grand - another woody harrelson movie, david cross, ray romano, the wife from larry david, chris parnell, some poker greats, about a poker tourney, kind of mockumentary, funny at times, not anything special, not terrible

i'll be watching crazy heart next.

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Pineapple Express was hilarious. Haven't seen HTTM yet but it's next on my list

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Crazy Heart was pretty good. The story isn't terribly original by any means, but great work by Bridges, not a bad job by Gylenhall and a killer soundtrack.

HTTM was just what Dawk said...pretty bad overall but it has enough laughs to be worth watching once.

5. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I finally saw The Hurt Locker and it was as bad a movie as I've seen since Freedom Writers. If you grew up jerking off to GI Joe (or still jerk off to GI Joe) you might be interested in this movie. It's just less watchable. GI Jane was a better military movie. I think the purpose was to point out that lives are just being wasted in Iraq. And they do this brilliantly by wasting 2 and a half hours of yours. Freaking horrible.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I have that lined up to watch but haven't found the time. Also have Avatar as well...

Thoroughly enjoyed Pineapple Express.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i didnt see it that way..........i thought is was a good movie about the sacrifices our military men/women make everyday.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The Invention of Lying...I think somebody (dawk?) said on here they were disappointed. I thought it was brilliant. Great writing with an original concept, good heart, dead on social and religious commentary. Jennifer Garner is a terrible actress and not as attractive as the movie and hollywood in general present her to be but Ricky Gervais and Louis CK were both great.

9. mike oxlong

it was me and others, they left so much out that could have made that movie hilarious. i was expecting so much more from gervais and ck.

I saw The Box. What an awful piece of crap.

10. cpgobrowns

Man, we just disagree on everything huh? :icon_cheesygrin:

I don't know how to do a spoiler tag, so it's totally safe for work, but don't click it if you plan on wasting your time watching the movie later.

[NSFW]
    I just didn't think the main character cowboy type was at all believable. Not that they don't exist, but it was pretty over the top/ beat you over the head with it. Ok, this guy plays by his own rules. I get it. I still don't care. They didn't develop the characters at all. One guy is talking to a shrink and having mental issues associated with war and they spend like a half a scene on it. That's the extent of character development on him, and then he gets shot. One guy is older and is pissed at the cowboy because he puts himself ahead of the team. Then they are drunk and fighting. I guess we're supposed to assume they are bonding but it never comes across that way. It's like they threw that scene in there for pretty much no reason. It was painful writing. Like watching Blue Crush but without Kate Bosworth and Michelle Rodriguez in bikinis. I understand the sacrifice that people are making over there everyday, but I think they would all be disappointed in this movie.
    [/NSFW]

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

HEY! Blue Crush is great!

12. DawkinsINT

Just watched Matt Damon in Green Zone. I dug it.

13. cpgobrowns

Because of Kate Bosworth and Michelle Rodriguez in bikinis but it's a much better movie on mute.

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

we agree on that^^^^^^

1 person likes this.
  15. cpgobrowns

16. mike oxlong

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About his Father - Awesome and sad Documentary, I knew a little of the story behind it, lady kills ex boyfriend, goes to canada, canada won't extradite her, she gets out on bail, turns out she is pregnant, grandparents move to canada to be near grandson and have to deal with the woman they know killed their son in order to have a relationship with thier grandchild. Very gripping and I just didn't know the ending at all. I was astonished and feel for those grandparents soo much.

got marathon man, seen it before, great adaptation of book starring dustin hoffman, haven't seen it in awhile. Is it safe??

17. DawkinsINT

Finally got to see Big Fan. Patton Oswalt was very good in it.

Spoiler alert:
    [NSFW]Eagles win the division. Giants suck!

Oh, and so do the Cowboys & Skins.
    [/NSFW]

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

19. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Instinct - the only good thing about that movie was Anthony hopkins

20. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

went to see salt last night.......bourne identity+mission impossible+angie jolie.....decent