LeBron James To Make His Decision On Thursday

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think your underestimating the need for role players to win a championship

By the season they could have the best squad, adding Miller really helps. But right now they have NO, and I mean NO defense, and one outside shooter, who doesnt play point

Your not winning a championship in the NBA with no defense. The Celtics won with there Big 3, not because of KG/Peirce/Allen, but because of Thibs system and the fact that KG,Perkins, Rondo, and Posey are lockdown defenders, and Tony Allen is a very good defender. We won because we owned Joe Johnson, Lebron, and Kobe in the playoffs. The Heat have more talent at the top, but they arent stopping anyone. When Lebron is your best defender, your hecked

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

id say bosh is the best defender but lebron and wade are no slouches at defense.....its not like melo and durant who are all score, no D

keep in mind that rondo was a nobody back then and the celtics were in a very similar position that people questioned the rest of the team minus the obvious star power.

when you have guys like james, wade and bosh....other guys are going to get instantly better and step their crap up. nobodies today are gonna be known as those terrific role players down in miami tomorrow

3. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Dallas' bench will destroy the heat whenever they play

4. K Train

i guarantee that the heat getting destroyed will be a rarity

5. Jihad Joe

Your overestimating those three's defense. Lebron and Wade are pure scorers, they save there energy for that side of the court. Neither Wade nor Lebron would be able to keep Kobe from dropping 40-50 on them

Rondo wasnt a nobody then, he was a role player. Rondo was shutting down Arena's and Paul as a rookie the year before KG and Allen got there

You also have to remeber that Celtics team had KG in the last year of his prime who >>> Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. KG can dominate a game scoring 12 points. He doesnt need the ball in his hand to dominate. All three of the Heat guys do

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Durnat is also gonna be a lockdown defender down the line.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  6. K Train

just dont be surprised when guys step up, it always happens. i understand that KG is just a dominating force on defense but you have to see the similarities of these 3 signing in miami and those 3 signing in boston. team used all of its resources on the star power and are expecting other guys to step up and make something out of themselves. if lebron can carry cleveland to the best record in the NBA, this miami team can certainly accomplish that and be a force in the playoffs. this will work for them, im getting the feeling that you are just in denial about it lol

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I agree with MJ on this one.

8. Jihad Joe

Im not saying they wont or cant. Right now I would put them at 2 behind LA., but they are going to need to get those role players to win it all just like Boston did. IMO KG/Allen/Peirce only guaranteed we got into the second round. Its the lesser guys that got us a banner

9. K Train

its easy for him to say that since their careers were over by the time he was winning his titles. he never had a chance to opt out of his deal anyway and if he was 25, on a crapbag team, ringless, and bird and magic were FAs hungry for a title they definitely would have teamed up to dominate....its easy to say they wouldnt have since their respective bulls, lakers, and celtics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything lebron has ever had in ohio

10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

MJ was dead on...

You're underestimating the competitive drive, K

While this Heat situation is unique to the history of the league, the bar for measuring superstars is against each other. The drive to be the best can't happen if the best in the league find ways to team up & dominate. That's one Helluva hollow trophy IMO & still isn't a guarantee.

& I don't believe for a second that if MJ, Magic, & Bird had the chance to join up, they'd have done it. They wanted their team to win the Title against the rest of the best. They wouldn't have taken the easy way out.

& James leaving, while it's his choice, shows he knows nothing of what it takes to win a championship. If he knew his NBA history, he'd have seen how winning is a stage by stage effort that culminates in Titles. All the whining how Cleveland had nothing discounts the fact they'd been getting better each year (66-61 wins last 2 years) & James had every opportunity to get even more help with his contract being up as added leverage.

Instead, just like it showed in last years playoffs, he'd 'already gone'. So I, for one, don't feel sorry for him for all his years in Cleveland. Leaving just shows he doesn't have the drive to do it himself.

So while Miami looks like they're locked & loaded for a Title run, it'll still take more than 'on paper' to get one.

11. K Train

sorry but if everyone is gonna knock him for not winning theres no such thing as a hollow trophy when he is nearly forced to go somewhere where its easier...the fact that he went somewhere that it might be too easy is irrelevant to me

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't know if I totally believe Jordan when he says he wouldn't have wanted to team up with any of those guys. Remember how much he hated Rodman until the opportunity to play with him was there?

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I totally agree with your last sentence. I think this team will implode before too long.

14. Jihad Joe

They are a year away IMO. And even by then OKC might be better