Broncos QB Tim Tebow Could Holdout Of Training Camp?

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by SRW, Jul 23, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

If the sun can occasionally splash with rain, it's possible for even a saint like Tim Tebow to become a training-camp holdout. Much to Tebow's chagrin, his baptism into the business aspects of football could put at risk his pristine reputation as one of the world's leading do-gooders. "That's not about Tim Tebow; that's between the agent and the Broncos," former Broncos quarterback John Elway said Thursday. "The players want to play. Tim doesn't want to hold out. If it's close, he'll be there, I guarantee you." Even on the Broncos' roster, Tebow is just one of five unsigned rookies. It's rare that Tebow is grouped with anything resembling trouble. Tebow and the reputation of strong character go together.

Source: Denver Post

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  2. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Why would he hold out? Are they low balling him?

3. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

He knows he's the next Jamarcus Russell, not stupidity and talent-wise, but still just going to be a bust. He wants the money while he can still get it!

4. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Uh, are you the only person on the planet that doesn't know about Tebow's background?

6. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Fine...the agent knows he'll be a bust so he wants the money while he can get it!

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

holdout???? that's not the christian thing to do :icon_rolleyes:

8. Jeffgoodt

Jeffgoodt Team Veteran

I can't see this happening

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I don't think he's going to be anywhere near Jamarcus and I don't think he'll be a "bust" either. i think Tebow will turn into a serviceable QB ala Trent Dilfer. Don't think he's going to be the next John Elway but certainly not the next Grimace. I hate how people think he's being touted as the next amazing, HOF QB. I don't think ANYONE expects that so you can't bust when you're not going to be amazing in the first place.

But as for the whole holding out thing... Tim needs to ask himself...WWJD?

[​IMG]

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

^this. Tebow's the ultimate leader and team player...I find it very hard to believe that HE would hold out...

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

He ain't holding out. /thread

12. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

He's a first round pick...if he turns into Trent Dilfer...he's considered a bust.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

^ this. And gator nation is expecting nothing less then 6 SBs and put an end to war and cancer in his first 5 years.

1 person likes this.
  14. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

:icon_rolleyes:

15. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I agree with this 100%. I am not a fan of Tebow the football player, but I am a fan of Tebow the person. I highly doubt this young man will make any trouble with his first contract. I really think Tebow will be good for the NFL. He will raise the bar on how to be a professional and not get into trouble. my .02

16. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

It wouldn't surprise me if he did holdout, after all, he can only keep up his "I'm superior because I'm a good Christian" image for so long.

Call me a hater if you want, I just don't have my face wedged between his butt cheeks like the media/gator fans do.

17. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

:icon_rolleyes:

18. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

ummm...Tebow has an amazing work ethic...so comparing him to Jamarcus is ridicuoluos in any way shape or form....The Raiders drafted a guy at number 1 who really hasn't even tried in the NFL...thats sad and I feel for Raiders fans, but Jamarcus just replaced Ryan Leaf as the worst number 1 pick EVER!!! Nobody deserves to be put in the same sentence with that clown. The Raiders were had once again.

19. Evaporator

Evaporator Rookie

money will do crazy things to you . :icon_evil:

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Tim Tebow shouldn't have been a first round pick.