Patriots QB Tom Brady Won't Rule Out Playing Elsewhere

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by SRW, Aug 16, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Tom Brady said Monday that he wants to remain with the New England Patriots long term after his contract expires following the 2010 season. But Brady, who has played for the Patriots since entering the league in 2000, did acknowledge that nothing is certain in the contract talks. Kraft and his son, team president Jonathan Kraft, have said they want Brady to stay with the Patriots. But a deal has remained elusive. "I'd love to be here my whole career," Brady said. "I have goals and the team has goals and hopefully they're down the same line. But you never know. Like I said, Joe Montana got traded, and Jerry Rice did, guys I loved watching (in San Francisco) that really were the best players to ever play at their positions. It's hard to think if those guys are not playing for a team, why should I ever be excluded from that?"

Source: USA Today

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
  2. Brendan

Brendan Rookie

Tom Brady to the Vikings in 2011. Brett Favre for two years, then Brady for a couple. Vikings just keep filling the QB position with short-term guys for the next 15 years lol.

Maybe grab McNabb if he doesn't sign long-term with the Skins.

3. koro

koro Rookie

xDDDDDDDDDDDD

I've laugh more than ever xD

4. Brendan

Brendan Rookie

Ha a Vikings fan can wish. Rather go that route then draft someone and be stuck with them for 4 years if they are a bust.

5. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

lol...he's not going anywhere, he is just acting humble saying if 2 of the best players to ever play the game were traded, what makes him better than them. This deal will be done and done soon....I'd be willing to bet before game 1 of the regular season

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Tom Brady and humble in the same sentence. Now I have seen it all

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Meh, we've got Jason Campbell. We're good.

8. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Humble?......Yeah let's go with that. :icon_rolleyes:

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I just couldn't imagine him A)wanting to play in a different place and B) The Pat's letting him walk away or trade him. However, it'd be fun to watch him in a Jag's uniform. :icon_smile:

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

He'll wind up in Arizona. Closer to "home" and the wifey.

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

That would be interesting to say the least

12. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Just let him go and start the rebuilding. He's worn down.

Imagine if Cassel had won a SB with the Pats. Where would Brady have landed?