Mike Tomlin Encouraged By Steelers RB Isaac Redman's Play

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Aug 16, 2010.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Isaac Redman doesn't mind the nickname "Red Zone" whatsoever. "I am a running back," Redman said following the Steelers' 23-7 exhibition win over Detroit Saturday. "If they want a short-yardage guy, then I am definitely that guy. I am also a running back and can get more than one or two yards if you want that." On Saturday, Redman led all rushers with 60 yards on 15 carries and a touchdown. He showed he can break off the big run when he rambled 31 yards in the second quarter to set up a Jeff Reed field goal. He showed he can block when he picked up a blitzing Lions defender, which led to a third-down conversion pass from Dennis Dixon to Frank Summers. He showed he still has the power when he bulled his way into the end zone from a yard away for the Steelers' first touchdown. "He played similarly to how he's played in training camp," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "He's been very consistent. He is a downhill guy, he's patient, he has good vision, he finds holes, he finishes plays. So it's very encouraging."

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

2. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

OH noes!!! Tomlin is drinking the Koolaid. K-Train...set him straight. :icon_rolleyes:

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

A backfield of Leftwich, Summers and Redman...

I threw up in my mouth...

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

thats the worst starting 3 lineup in steelers history lol

i wouldnt care if redman made the roster over summers, summers is awful and redman is a preseason hero, id take the hero, even though hes still not special.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Redman had a good game rushing, receiving and blocking. I'd like to see it with more consistency and against the opposing teams first team...

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Why WARD? K-Train said he's not special.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...there's a lot of players in the league that aren't "special." You could probably name 45-50 on each roster that aren't "special..." So Redman's not special...big deal. I could care less if he's "special." Just be productive and don't freaking fumble the rock like the two backs in front of you...

I'm not buying the hype on Redman either, but I want to see him play against first teamers to see what he's really got.

8. K Train

this. steeler fans across the world are just infatuated with him like ZOMG hes the next big gem, all hail the steelers front office. i honestly was too busy watching pouncey to even care about who was running the ball. if hes gonna gary russell his way onto the team good for him, i would be thoroughly pissed if they cut dwyer loose for him though

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

When I watched the game the first time, Pouncey was a bad butt. When I watched it the second time we was just beastly. Like James Harrison beastly.

I'd be pissed as well if Dwyer got released for Redman. Although Dwyer has not been helping his own case.

Most Steelers fans are looking for one of two backs. The next Jerome Bettis (big back) or the next Willie Parker (the unknown.)

10. K Train

yeah i know and it drives me nuts.

and damn pouncey was just an animal out there. i watched him on offense and gibson on defense <3

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can't stand it either. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a back like Bettis out there, but he was pretty much a freak of nature...there's not a lot of those around. I still laugh and get sick to my stomach at the outcry for the Steelers to draft LenDale White...

I tried to keep my eye on Gibson and your boy Hood on D.

12. K Train

i didnt see hood much, the defense got hecked cause of the weather though.

bettis was so rare, he was actually jacked out of ND he wasnt always fat and people forget that. It wasnt that he was a fat back that made him great it was that his footwork was delicious and he had elite vision to go along with his power.

the willie parker factor is that he was fast and able to be successful behind a great oline (smith, faneca, hartings, simmons, starks)....makes you kind of miss a lineup like that.

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

redman doesn't need an offensive line

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

15. reigningblkngold

reigningblkngold Minister of defense

props to redman I hope dyer picks his game up though I have High hopes for him!