Ben Roethlisberger Wants Suspension Reduced By At Least 3 Games

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by ravenfan52, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

In Friday's meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Ben Roethlisberger's representatives plan to ask the commissioner to reduce the six-game suspension by at least three games, bringing along team president Arthur J. Rooney II to the New York meeting to support the quarterback's case, sources with knowledge of upcoming proceedings told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio. Roethlisberger was suspended in April for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy a week after prosecutors decided not charge him in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March. At the time, Goodell pledged to consider reducing the length of the suspension if Roethlisberger complied with a number of league imposed conditions, including a comprehensive behavioral evaluation, and stayed clear of any other off field problems. Most observers believe Goodell has had in his mind all along to reduce the suspension by two games to four. But Roethlisberger's attorney, David Cornwell, is expected to ask for a greater reduction in the suspension, according to those with knowledge of discussions between the commissioners office and the quarterback's representatives.

Source: Sal Paolantonio, ESPN.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Doh, shoulda stayed quiet.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Shoot high...I love it!!

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I want you to not rape anybody else. So do we have a deal?

5. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Rookie

He'll get it... Ben shall return !

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:lmao: who does he think he is.......Peyton Manning?

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's innocent and falsely accused! He shouldn't have any games.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Don't you mean he was falsely accused twice.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sure. Falsely accused TWICE!

10. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

and dragging that original one out as long as he can... taking a change in venue to the state supreme court? seriously?

11. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Orenthal James Part II.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm sorry, I forgot. What did she say?

13. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

$he $aid Plea$e.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

"Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, you're probably a damned rapist"

The End. Freaking guy should be happy he's getting it reduced to 4. leave it at that and stop raping chicks.

4 people like this.
  15. smeags

smeags militant geek

haaaa, POTY canidate ! :icon_cheesygrin:

16. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Rep. Deserves it twice.

17. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Word. Rep.

Goodell should raise it however many games they are trying to get off just for being snitches about it.

It's all about trying to get him back for the Balt. game.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  18. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

He should try the over-trained athelete syndrome excuse. It works everytime.

19. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Rookie

The title of the article says "by at least 3 games" ... perhaps Good-hell will take off 3 or more games !

20. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I want to have s*x with a Playboy Playmate before I die, but that is so not happening.