Cowboys Rumored To Be Switching Head Coaches Soon

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Earlier this afternoon, a rumor surfaced out of Dallas that the Cowboys could be on the verge of firing head coach Wade Phillips. Kevin Lee from prosportsblogging.com was on the air with Gavin Dawson and Gregg Henson with 105.3 FM The Fan in Dallas, Texas and told them that the Dallas Cowboys are on the verge of firing head coach Wade Phillips. Team owner Jerry Jones already has a "handshake agreement" in place with this head coach. Lee gave his sources to both Dawson and Henson off the air and when they went on the air with him, both on air personalities with the CBS Radio station that these sources were very credible. The site also has very credible writers on the site according to Dawson.

Source: bleacherreport

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
  2. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Too bad, I was enjoying him shutting up the locals for once. :duckhunt:

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i can only hope they're bringing in someone with a set of massive balls and backbone

4. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Cowher maybe? :think:

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jason Garrett...lol...

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Wade Philips is a piece of crap, so it works out nicely with him being the Cowboys head coach. I hope they keep his dumb butt.

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Weeeeeeeeeeeee :icon_smile:

...or wait... what if Jerry takes over... please omg omg

8. Cowher would want too much control......Jones likes Phillips because he's a "yes" man.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

A handshake with himself...it would be pure EPIC awesomeness!!

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

In this article by The Fan, there are 4 names mentioned. The are Bill Cowher, Brian Billick, Marty Schottenheimer and Steve Mariucci.

I don't know about this. I'll believe it when I see it.

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

if Garrett becomes head coach, im retiring my fandom.

1 person likes this.
  12. John Fox could be a candidate as well if his contract isn't renewed by the Panthers after this season.

A very well respected.....tough minded coach.

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agree with both statements.

According to The Fan article, Cowher is his #1 guy.

Wouldn't that be something if Cowher came to coach the Cowboys? Wonder how Steelers fans would feel about it?

I'm still VERY skeptical about this report, though.

14. Cowher to the Giants has more juice at this point because of the strong relationship between the Mara's and the Rooney's.

The Giants gig is still a favorite to Cowher if our struggles against the Colts starts to linger during the year. Cowher has been sitting back in the CBS booth for the past four years and has turned out offers to return to the sidelines.

15. I give Billick a call first and foremost......he has experience with a 3-4 defense.

And he has a Super Bowl ring which should give Dallas fans some optimism. I don't think he would want total control in Dallas. He had Ozzie Newsome as his General Manager in Baltimore.

16. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Of all those, Mooch is the most likely to put up with his crap.

17. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

John Fox is a FREAKING joke. That Super Bowl run a few years ago was pure dumb luck. The Cowboys need to lure Andy Reid away from Philly.

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Why would the cowboys want Reid, he can't even decide on a starting QB half the time.

19. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

1) I don't believe it.
    2) If it's Garrett, I'll punch 28 holes in the walls of my bedroom. At least.
    3) If it is somebody, I do hope it's Cowher.
    4) If we do get rid of Wade as HC, I know it isn't feasible most likely but I'd very much like to see him as our DC still.
    5) If it's Garrett, I'll punch 28 holes in the walls of my bedroom. At least.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Please close GIF and never return.

Also, don't let this or any reply he may actually make go to the FC. Cuz I won't be replying to it again, and I don't think any of us wanna see another god **mn starkiller FC thread.

20. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

This is good. Wade Philips is probably one of the bottom 5 HCs in the NFL. The Cowboys deserve better.