Chiefs To Consider Cutting Ties With QB Matt Cassel In 2011?

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel is running out of excuses for his poor play. They can run the ball, and they're playing better on defense. Sure, there isn't an abundance of playmakers, but they didn't give Cassel his big contract to win despite him. Jason La Canfora of NFL Network contiunes to think the Chiefs will strongly consider getting out of this contract in the offseason. Cassel is due a $4.75 million salary plus a $7.5 million option bonus, which would make him one of the highest paid players in the league next year.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2010
  2. The Chiefs was given four "Leaf's" as the most troublesome quarterback situation according to La Canfora:

[​IMG]

Brilliant.....

3. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

eh...he just needs more game under his belt 2 get better in this offense. if he isnt better by the end of this year then i might want him out.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That's their bad for giving another teams one-hit wonder so much money and so much time. See Scott Mitchell.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude, they had a similar offense in New England. He should already know most of the offense. Maybe it's time to say Cassel is nothing more than an average game managing QB who is over hyped.

6. yep Cassel isn't that good. (this is why guys that didn't start in college shouldn't be made NFL starters) haha lesson learned here guys.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

one of the radio personalities here in K.C. was cracking me up this week when they were talking about Cassell becoming a 'leader' ............ he was joking about Cassell drawing on his high school experience 10 years ago to lead a group of professional athletes who are at the top of their profession .......... it was very amusing

8. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

heeeey, the Chiefs are about three years behind me.

Cool.

9. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I'm still giving Cassel the benefit of the doubt...another week or 2 and I might be ready to drive up to KC and shoot him....we'll see...:icon_cheesygrin:

10. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

He'll get the season and he should get the season. The guy is probably a bust, but it's too early to know that for sure.

11. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

i never liked him from day 1 but so far this year he hasnt lost the game for us, and no he hasnt won either thats what he needs to fix if he can get 2 td's this week pressure will lighten up on him with a 3-0 start and points will be great and help save his job his best security blanket is his glass back up croyle.

12. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

DUDE!!! they dont have the same moving parts as they did in NE. and from what i have seen the WR's are still having problems catching balls that hit their hands. Even Brady needs guys to catch the ball 4 him. when they dont. even Brady is human. we are a work in progress.

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Cassel's Oline in New England was amazing and the team was in place as a success before he took over for Brady. KC was a freaking mess and now they are alright and it shows that Cassell is a terrible QB and KC would do better to have a season like last year and Get Locker.

14. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Locker? I'll admit I haven't seen much of him, but what I have has been terrible. Can't be worse than Cassel though. It drives me crazy that every time we get a defense around here, our QB stinks.

15. look who Locker plays with though. Those WR's constantly drop the ball. Locker is one of the only players on that team worth anything.

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

if locker is everything that people are claiming, he will go #1, so he will end up with the bills or panthers.

17. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

If Cassel continues to improve each game, as he has been so far this season, I think he'll be just fine!

18. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

^^^ She speaks truth.

I believe in Matt Cassel, you haters can eat soupy drek.

1 person likes this.