Jaguars Could Fire Head Coach Jack Del Rio Soon?

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Owner Wayne Weaver retained head coach Jack Del Rio for 2010 with the expectation of the Jaguars being in the playoffs. Del Rio set a goal for his team to win the AFC South, and spent the offseason praising his troops for their work ethic and dedication, and stressing the importance of getting off to a fast start. After squeaking by the Broncos at home in Week One, the Jags were outscored 66-16 by the Chargers and Eagles in a pair of blowout losses. The way Pro Football Weekly hears it, Del Rio, who entered the season as a lame-duck coach, could be ousted sooner than expected. Weaver has a reputation for being slow to make moves, but PFW hears another embarrassing loss in the coming weeks could seal the fate of the head coach, and if a move were made, defensive coordinator Mel Tucker, who has a solid relationship with GM Gene Smith, likely would be Del Rio's replacement in the interim.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
  2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

If the owner cared about his team he would of fired JDR ages ago. I could go on and explain why but we all know it's true.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He should be fired, it's the same song and dance every year for the Jaguars.

4. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

He's a better coach than Singletary for what that's worth.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Del Rio is still living off of 2007. His days are done. 3 winning seasons in 8 years...

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Lol no. Del Rio is a joke.

7. Del Rio is going to make a great coordinator for a team after this year.

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Coordinator I agree with, but some people just don't need to be a head coach. It seems like every 3 years he has a decent season that should only buy him two more. Only smart decisions he ever made were drafting Jones-Drew and cutting Leftwich

9. Agreed. Well, I wouldn't go that far i'm sure he has made many good choices.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

in all fairness, the jags drafts have been horrible and the jags haven't exactly given del rio a lot to work with over the years.

having said that, del rio has not done as good of a job the last few years as a hc, especially handling the qb situation. he has not helped garrard flourish.

11. Tom Coughlin had a much more successful tenure in Jacksonville and Weaver wasn't hesitant to show him the door. Coughlin lead Jacksonville to two AFC Title games. Del Rio hasn't even gotten them past the divisional round.

Although, in all fairness.....Coughlin was more of a hard butt in those days.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah but he wears a tie on the sideline.

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Meh. JDR has been on the hot seat for a while now.