Redskins QB Donovan McNabb Says Eagles Made A Mistake

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Oct 3, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Redskins head caoch Mike Shanahan handed the game ball to Donovan McNabb, who had a bit of extra motivation during this trip to Philadelphia. Shanahan called him "No. 5" and smiled, then tossed his quarterback the ball. McNabb spun the ball in his hands sheepishly and then lifted it above his head while teammates hooted and called for a speech. And then, the least quotable key player of all time let loose with this, as cameras rolled. "Hey, this right here defines team, man," he said. "This defines team. You know, despite whatever's happened in the last couple of weeks, this right here showed how tough we are. Defense, we really appreciate you. In the second half, you [kicked tail for us]. Offense, we gonna get it together and it starts with me. [Thumping the ball against his chest.] But I just want to say, definitely, this right here defines team. And this is something we can feed off of going into the rest of the season. We are number one in the NFC East, and we gonna stay up there. Everybody makes mistakes in [their] lifetime, and they made one last year! So...thank you." Then his teammates shouted absolutely at him, and he shouted it back.

Source: Washington Post

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Boom. Roasted. pwnage.

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Does McNabb actually think he played well yesterday? It was further proof that the Eagles didn't make a mistake.

Nate Allen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McNabb.

5. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

McNabb sucked yesterday. No mistake was made.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Mcnabb was awesome for the first half....which was enough.

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

2 of Nate's 3 int's have been absolute gifts where he was 5-10 yards away from the closest receiver. A-Rod and McNabb... didn't see the 3rd one.

This. And he had some key scrambles in the 4th.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

All I meant is that this team is much better off having traded McNabb.

9. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

McNabb only had to crap on you guys for one half :)

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Corrected.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

McNabb 1-0 against the Eagles.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The kid is in the right place at the right time.

I'd be freaking stoked if all he kept doing his whole career was accept 'gifts' from opposing quarterbacks.

13. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Whatever.... fact is he QB'd the division rival that just put the fat W on the Eagles. It isn't all about stats.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Can't really argue with any of that.

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I thought I read for the 7th time a few days ago that he moved on and didn't need to comment any more on the Eagles or what happened, but in true mcnabb fashion, he makes another comment. So predictable, a win and the guy takes all the credit, even though he was putrid and put up a 60 rating. Did he even complete 50% of his passes, how many to the WR's, dude couldn't even complete dump offs and quick hitches. He looked REALLY bad. The running game and Eagles moronic plays and turnovers close won this game. It's a shame when you have to rely on other teams ineptness and mistakes in order to get wins.

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He gave credit to the D seconds before. Your jilted lover routine would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

16. mike oxlong

seconds before what, establishing how he was the reason the skins were in first place. lol your stalking obsession would be hilarious if it wasn't so, wait it is hilarious.

my initial point was that he said for the, I lost count, that he wasn't commenting on it anymore, and again he takes a jab, classic mcnabb style, like completing a reception with his favorite receiver, the dirt.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Him saying to his teammates after beating the team that stupidly let him go that they made a mistake in doing so doesn't in any way claim full responsibility for the win and as I said he credited the defense just seconds before he made the "mistake" comment that has your panties all in a bunch.

18. mike oxlong

lack of comprehension, followed by redundant comments, followed by and snide comment. Maybe you are Donovan McNabb. It would explain a lot.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Win over the Cowboys, Win over the Eagles, Win over the Packers...'Skins putting themselves in good position here early in the season...