Vikings And Patriots Close To A Trade Involving WR Randy Moss

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by themush, Oct 5, 2010.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

The Minnesota Vikings are attempting to pull off their biggest blockbuster since acquiring Brett Favre. FOXSports.com has learned that the Minnesota Vikings and New England Patriots have been in serious trade talks and are very close to a deal that would send All-Pro wide receiver Randy Moss back to the team that drafted him. However, Patriots sources say the deal is contigent upon Moss working out a contract with the Vikings. All sides are still trying to hammer out the contract Tuesday. In a 41-point outburst Monday night over the Dolphins, Moss caught zero passes, and he has made his displeasure known with his contract status in New England.

Source Fox Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Holy crap. What a turn of events that would be.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would be phenomenal. Herschel Walker-esque!

4. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I'm mixed on this one, but the Packers sure need him more than we do. He just doesn't seem happy at New England, so maybe he needs ANOTHER fresh start. I'm curious what the Pats are asking for a draft pick. He's going to be pricey to sign, and he's being covered one on one by the better corners successfully, most of the time. I don't think it's a good move by the Packers, but they seem desperate enough to pursue it.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Vikings. :wink:

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Where have you been TD? Brett is with the Vikings now dude....:icon_cheesygrin:

This seems to me to be more of a calculated move by Minnesota in order to appease Favre.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

mush - those stories will be released tomorrow. Patience son. Patience!! :icon_twisted:

Favre for 2010. McNabb in 2011.

8. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

This would be insane! Hes done nothing for me in FF...but this could change it all!

9. Does Favre walk away after the season despite the deal?

He's been wanting Moss since he was in Green Bay.....

10. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

That's a lot of drama queens for one team. Look how it's working out for the Bengals.

11. Jay Glazer: Twitter.com

12. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

What drama queens do the Vikings have? Favre is mostly a drama queen for his off season antics, been pretty quiet during his time as a Viking all together. Only other player I would regard as a drama queen is Ray Edwards. Moss didn't really cause problems in New England either, until this year when he's been vocal about his displeasure with his contract.

13. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Stop The Presses.

Patriots Say There Is No Trade.

Source: Boston Herald

14. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

good move... rice,moss, and havin..should be very interesting to see hat this offense can do

15. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

:icon_cheesygrin:One too many Captains for me tonight. I can't believe I put down the Packers. Freaking rum. Rest of the night I'm back to beer.

1 person likes this.
  16. Hold on a sec MG.....this was posted not too long after saying there is no deal.

Ian R. Rapoport: Twitter.com

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Trade may not be done...doesn't mean they aren't working on it...lol...

18. MG jumped the gun on that one....surreal. :icon_cheesygrin:

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I was very surprised to hear about these talks when I heard it on the radio tonight.