BOO! Why Donovan McNabb Will Cause Philadelphia Embarrassment

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by 3rdStoneFromTheSun, Sep 29, 2010.

1. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

EPIC fail that you just knocked me for being redundant and then copy and pasted it into the other thread.

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

lack of comprehension, followed by redundant comments, followed by snide comment. Maybe you are Donovan McNabb. It would explain a lot.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Week 12 at the latest

4. mike oxlong

damn, he has to make it that far first

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Watching the way 5 played the last couple of seasons and so far this season, as well as factoring in the rest of this Eagles team outside of the QB position, do you really think he would be good enough to win a Super Bowl here had he stayed?

I say No, and that's why getting rid of him was not a mistake.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I think he would be the best chance to win one out of him, Vick, Kolb, and Kafka.

7. mike oxlong

it's useless Dawk. get ready to be told about how Donovan was the greatest thing in philly since the constitution and how you are just another negadelphian/jilted fan.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

The packers made a mistake letting Favre go, the Niners made a mistake letting Montana go. You see Dawk, the Eagles were supposed to hinge their young core to an old man and ride him until the core got old and then have to rebuild everything having the team wallow in craptsville for years because that's what Dr McLove wanted.

8. Jihad Joe

He hasnt really been that good. He has been pretty much average

9. DawkinsINT

I disagree. The rest of the team isn't good enough to win one in this season or next. 5 has become an average QB, and if he is better than Vick or Kolb, it isn't by much. Better to go with younger options at the position for the future and get a youngster like Allen to help them elsewhere.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

That's true.....with way below average skill players and a better then expected but still far from good o-line. Philly finally has "weapons" or so I keep reading and they gave him a year with them. A year he set the franchise scoring record, I might add...and then they shipped him out.

11. Jihad Joe

The way I see it, if Kolb isnt the guy, then the mistake was Kolb himself.........not trading McNabb

IMO, they traded Mcnabb at the right time. Was good enough that they would get some solid picks for him, starting a decline, and the team isnt going all the way with him at this point

If Kolb worked out, then it would have been lovely.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I would have still missed McNabb and hated that they traded him in the division but yes the bigger mistake was thinking they had an equal or greater talent to replace him with.

I have seen enough less then great teams win SB's in my lifetime to know that often all you have to do is get to the playoffs and get hot and a little lucky at the right time. I believe that still would have been possible with McNabb and this current Eagles team.
    One thing is for sure....of all our QBs prior to the trade he matches Maclin/Djax skills the most and all that crap about how Kolb fit the true West Coast offense alot better neglected to pay attention to the fact that our #1 and 2 wideouts don't fit it and Reid doesn't like to stick with it anyway.

13. DawkinsINT

I think the way Vick has played, especially with his quickness in avoiding sacks and being able to go downfield or run, shows that he's better suited for this offense as it stands now.

Getting something for McNabb as he's on the downside of his career without a huge drop-off at the QB position makes me feel they made the right decision. Donnie has done nothing at this point to make me feel otherwise.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

McNabb showed he can still avoid sacks and get downfield and run... and he showed he can do it against better defenses while on a worse offense, and he showed he can stay healthier doing it.

15. Jihad Joe

The way I see Vick........A Vick QB team is a mortal lock to win at least 8 games. But you arent gonna win more then 10 either, and the loss's are gonna be ugly

IMO if Kolb isnt the awnser, then Vick is your QB until 2012. Just hope the guy after 2012 isnt named Ryan Mallett

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Huh? Dirt balls? I know not of what you speak.

Kevin freaking Kolb outperformed McNabb this game.

Yes, the same guy who didn't land a completion on his receiver past the 5 yard line but more than once or twice, put up much better stats than McNabb. Take away McCoy's fumble and Reid's heck-up with the clock and your boyfriend walks with a loss and Kolb gets the W.

What does THAT tell you?

You still don't get it?

A) Get a 2nd round pick for a guy who would only be on the team for one more year, give up a potential playoff run that would ultimately end in defeat and no championship.

B) Keep the guy and get nothing in return but the potential for one more playoff run.

I would take Nate Allen and this QB merry go round we have here any day over keeping McNabb's butt on the team for one more year.

If you asked me 5 weeks ago, I would've completely agreed.

But this is a completely different quarterback than we all knew in Atlanta. Without question.

Grasping.

Hiiiiiiiigh hopes!

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

mcnabb did show he can still run. funny though that his time management skills are still equal with reid's considering he ran out of bounds instead of sliding which is why the eagles had a chance to win it at the end.

he also missed key passes that could've put the game away for the redskins. even the bomb he hit was an inaccurate pbutt.

some people just won't let go of mcnabb and that's fine but you are seriously showing a lack of football knowledge if you make the statement that it was a mistake to trade him.

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I never saw that as a mistake, more as a blessing

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

It's not a McNabb or Allen choice like so many like to paint it. Yes we used the McNabb pick to get Allen but we trade so many picks up and down the draft board having Allen without the McNabb trade would have been possible if Howie wanted him badly. Though I am also not convinced of Allen's greatness yet. Alot of his INTs (even the one from McNabb) have been crapty qb throws more then him making a play

20. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I forgot to say props to the eagles fans for beign classy and cool, cheering McNabb as he came in, then booing him as he took the field as a Skin. Perfect.