GIF Mobile

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Omen, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I was on today on my cell and i could view everything fine no problem.

but when i tried posting a reply i couldnt i hit the reply button and nothing would happen i even closed my browser twice and tried two different browsers.

So i was gonna post this problem from my cell, wrote started a new thread and evrything but it wouldnt post bc it kept asking for a post icon but in the mobile view you dont have choice to choose one.

Just thought you dudes should kow

2. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

had that problem not on mobile

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

No quick reply has killed the mobile skins functionality. You can't reply at all on the mobile skin now and it's alot more of a hassle to reply on the regular site now. I get on the full site (as I am now) maybe 1-2 times a weeks but I was on the mobile site alot. SRW will probably think it's a perk of the change but my posting will definitely take a down swing with the new changes :icon_sad:

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I just tried it too. Yea, it's busted. Reply and Quote do not work.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

6. SoDev

Yea, post it and don't say anything like we shouldn't mention issues we find.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Umm, I posted it so that EVERYONE would be on the same page and understand what is happening, no where did I mention that NO ONE should mention issues here SoDev. What else was there for me to say after posting that the issues you are having is because of the work being done on the site.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

'Work being done on the site" implies that it's something still in progress that might change and not just a permanent change that takes away a crucial feature. Which is it?

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

yea we do need quick reply back

/rant

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Still in progress

11. Omen

ok cool i was getting ready to throw my phone on the floor and stomp it..........(which has happened before)

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

FYI to everyone with issues and those issues not being taken care of immediately, Steve has been working 12 hour days so just know that the issues will be looked at and dealt with just maybe not as quickly as you would like.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

THat's a problem I've had a lot in the past as well...

14. SoDev

[​IMG]

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Now before the girls get their panties all up in a wad......

A) I was not aware of the quick reply issue on the phones until this afternoon. Thank you Omen for letting me know when and how it happened.

B) I have now gone and edited a setting that should remedy this. I have posted about it in this thread in the site news so all the members can read it: http://gridironfans.com/forums/site-news/142822-work-being-done-site.html

C) If this doesn't work, let me know what issues you have on your end after this switched setting and I can try to diagnose the issue.

16. Omen

It works bro. This is being sent via cell

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Thanks dude

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Thanks dude

17. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

The mobile skin is forcing the mobile layout even when clicking the regular skin. On my iPad it forces the mobile browser regardless. I suggest not forcing the mobile skin.

18. SoDev

I don't know if you can get the Perfect Browser app for the pad, but it allows desktop rendering of sites on my touch.

19. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

my iphone4 and ipad would handle the desktop version just fine, minus any flash content. They should just make the mobile layout optional

20. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I can go with it being optional. Is everyone who uses it comfortable with the ability to choose different skins on the site?