Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Wish-List

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by RichLikeWh0a, Oct 25, 2010.

1. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Mine:

*New Coaching staff
    -Self-explanatory.

*New back-up QB
    -shouldn't we have learned the over-the-hill-back-up-QB lesson the first time with Brad Johnson two years ago?

*New Kick Returner
    -AOA shows no potential at this role in my eyes. It seems like he doesn't even look for holes, he runs for as long as he can before he runs straight into the coverage. We need someone who can actually make something happen back there.

*CB help. Badly.
    -Scandrick has been downright abused this season time and time again. Mike Jenkins going down enabled the Giants to pick on Scandrick and really, really get the momentum even more in their favor.

*MLB
    -Brooking is done after this season, I truthfully don't believe there is any doubt about that. Sean Lee may be capable of replacing him by then, but who knows? They thought he would walk onto the field able to replace Carpenter and that hasn't happened.. I don't see any reason to sit on our thumbs about this one, nothing wrong with being pro-active. This is just my opinion, obviously.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head in the current mental state I'm in at this point. Feel free to agree/disagree/throw in some wishes of your own.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Offensive line.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

100% new staff........My choice, Ron Rivera HC, Norv Turner OC, ?? DC

Ditch the one gap 3-4

Sign a top teir OG. Mankins, Blalock and Nicks will be on the market.

Sign either Pollard or Waddell to play SS

ReUp Spears and Bowen. Every other FA can walk

Trade Barber, Bennett, Igor dangle Williams do what you can to get a couple mids

Draft Petterson in the first. I want to shoot myself, but we will probobly pick this high

Trade up to the late first and draft Carmiri

In the third, draft Kendrick Ellis to battle Josh Brent at NT

Int he 4th, draft another interior OL

4. RichLikeWh0a

You're so much more detailed :icon_sad:

I can't even think clearly right now, such a ball of rage and disappointment. Peterson will most likely be in our reach with where we draft though, and you're definitely right about it should be him. I was discussing that with somebody earlier.

I'm not completely on board with trading Bennett but that's not even major enough to have too much of an impact one way or another tbh. Williams doing better this season might increase his value, fortunately. And we don't NEED him, but the luxury of him if he's playin well is nice, if we can't find fair value for him. Barber definitely needs to be traded though before it's too late.

The o-line does need addressing, this is true. Hopefully we do make a good signing.

Screw it, basic point is I agree with almost everything you said.

5. Jihad Joe

We wont need Bennett anymore because Garrett and his massive erection for two TE's will be elsewhere

6. agreed on new coaching staff.

Kitna wasn't awful tonight by any stretch.

New Nickelback.

Sean Lee should take over but brooking isn't awful. I say they keep both and do more of a rotation.

Things you left out:
    replace:
    Mark Colombo
    Kyle Kosier

make Leonard Davis lose weight.

add:
    A new DE

A playmaking Safety

Norv Turner won't want an OC job.

the one gap 3-4 works well most of the time.
    Don't give up so soon.

Blalock is far from an upgrade. But I agree a new OG is needed.

Pollard can't cover. Waddell?

why reup Spears? He has been a dissapointment? I think it's time to move on.

igor is a good player.

you think you're going to get a top 5 pick?

From what I've heard Carimi isn't worth a 1st.

7. RichLikeWh0a

Kitna wasn't awful but he was looking it when I was writing this and pissed off. I still feel like we can upgrade at the back up position.

He went Weddell, from Chargers.

Igor is a good player but in Joe's vision, Ratliff would be going back to DE so we wouldn't need him.

Spears isn't really a disappointment. Dunno where you gather that from.

Brooking shouldn't be a Cowboy next year, if he plays at all.

8. Jihad Joe

The One Gap 3-4 is freaking trash, its a huge personel strain

Norv wont get a HC offer, all he is going to get is OC offers.

Spears is a quality anchor. Our run defense is god awful when he doesnt play. Igor is tradeable, and wont start if we go to a 2 gap 3-4. ratliff will move over. We can use this Mids

Carimi is never going to play LT in the NFL, but he will be an elite RT, and we already have a good LT. His stock right now is late first/early second

9. mhh not a bad point about Kitna. Idk I think good backups are harder to come by than people think.

oh ok. That makes sense. Yeah Weddell would be an excellent pickup.

Although, I think I'd probably look to the draft.

Ratliff is not the problem. I'd keep him at NT.

agree to disagree about the last two.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

really? I'm pretty sure alot of other teams use it? COuld be wrong though.

Which leads me to think Norv will retire.

Spears doesn't really offer much in the pass rush department but you watch more Cowboys games than I do.

I think Igor is a pretty good player. Why not just leave Ratliff in the middle? He is elite there.

Good to know.

10. Jihad Joe

You need to have certain types of players at positions to make it work. You ILB's will wear down completly after 3 seasons max. You SS absolulty HAS to be good in man to man coverage. You CB have to be able to disiguise coverage, playing man and zone. Both DE's have to be 2 gap anchors. If all these dont line up, defense is hecked. Its a major personel starin, and your left with mediocrity (Sensibaugh, James, Igor, Spears) at positions because of skillset

Ratliff is elite as a one gap NT. He could never play NT in a 2 gap defense. Spears is a better player then Igor. He plays a more key position, and is more improtant to our run defense. I couldlive without him, but I wouldnt mind keeping him if we can get him on a fair deal

11. yeah I've heard that before so I'm inclined to agree.

What about if the Cowboys move to a ravens/ Jets type 3-4? I think this would work very well.

Maybe you guys take a look at Clemson's Deandre Mcdaniel?

12. RichLikeWh0a

The big thing you're missing here is Ratliff is going to be elite as a DE too. Ratliff is a machine, period. In a 3-4, he absolutely belongs as a DE though. And Spears definitely needs to stay unless he's unreasonable about his pay.

In terms of safeties, really we could use an upgrade at both. Sensabaugh has his moments where he's good in my opinion but he's never consistently good. Alan Ball needs to go back to CB.

Also, after seeing Scandrick's struggling at CB, I almost think it's time we try converting him to FS and seeing how he does there like there were talks of doing previously anyway if I'm not mistaken. Who knows, maybe he'll be a far better FS than he could ever be CB.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

JUST AN idea lets say we get a new coach and staff what if they change to 4-3 what and do you see us using all the player

would the front four be rat, spears igor ware and lbs spencer james lee tnew sensy ball jenkins

14. Jihad Joe

Wouldnt mind a top Safety but we have bigger fish to fry

I would love to see us run that type of D

15. agreed. If you move Ball back to CB you get rid of the need at CB. (at least for a season)

no way a new coach moves the D to a 4-3. The team is perfectly set up for a 3-4.

16. Jihad Joe

I dont want to see us in a 4-3 as a primary defense

-Ware has played in a 3-4 his whole career, and is about a season and half from being considered a futuer HOFer. Dont want to heck with it

- We have 1 LB that can play in a 4-3. Lee. Spencer would be a DE. James is wayyyyy to slow to play sideline to sideline

17. Omen

i agree thats why i was trying to figure out who would play where......i had even left Bradie out at first

ive laway though our 3-4 was not very agressive even with BP 3-4

18. Jihad Joe

We we're for a while with Wade, but it just seems he has scaled it back for whatever reason

19. Omen

why do you think rivera will be our HC

20. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

It's time to move Leonard Davis he struggle again agaist an athletic front four. Need a big time SS or FS and another coverage corner. The boys will have a high draft picks next year.
    This seaoson was ruined by JJ for refusing to spend money to make roster upgrades in an un-capped year.