NFL To Fine Vikings Coach Brad Childress For Ref Talk

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Minnesota coach Brad Childress is in hot water with the league office after some comments he made regarding the officiating in the Vikings' 28-24 loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night. League sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that Childress is certain to be fined for comments he made after the game. Childress was critical in his postgame news conference, but he was considerably harsher in an interview with the Vikings' radio network when he called Sunday's loss "the worst officiated game I've ever seen." Childress was particularly critical of a second-quarter touchdown reception by Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe that was overturned by replay. The replay review determined Shiancoe didn't have proper possession of the ball as he landed after his diving catch, but Childress said Monday he called the league and NFL vice president of officiating Carl Johnson acknowledged the call was a mistake.

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2010
  2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

No suprise here...

3. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Worth the fine to call crap that needs to be addressed. Refs shouldn't be freaking up replays. That's why we have the dam things in the first place.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

this, it was a horrible call on the review.

5. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Indeed it was, I could see if the ball moved, but it didnt move an inch during the whole catching motion. They give guys catches when the ball is moving around like hell all the time, but the one time the ball dont move an inch..yea its not a catch (typical Vikings luck)

6. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

haha heck you childress..... keep your mouth shut sucka

7. bigalram

bigalram Rookie

Foul ups all weekend. That one was huge and ya can't get it back either. So when does the refs get fined for incompetence. Miami got jobbed too

8. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Especially freaking up replays. Crap, I understand freaking up some calls, but REPLAYS? Yes, the heckers should pay the Childress fine, as only fair.