Todd Haley's Agressiveness Hurting The Chiefs?

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Nov 1, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Chiefs head coach Todd Haley’s tendency to go for the knockout punch is hurting the team. He passed up the chance for an early field goal against Buffalo, instead opting to try to convert on a fourth-down play. The Chiefs failed, and as a result had to go to overtime to beat the Bills. A similar decision last week left the Jaguars within one score in the fourth quarter when a field goal would have put the Kansas City ahead by 11.

Source: SportingNews.com

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

There are times to be aggresive and times to know your limits. Either Haley hasn't learned his limits yet or he simply ignors them. If it's the latter of the two he will never be that successful.

3. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Well, it was obvious why he didn't go for the FG in that situation. Apparently there was a good 40 mph wind blowing across the field, which became evident in OT. I still would have kicked. Not every day is gonna be beautiful and calm weather.

4. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Bottom line: they won, at the end of the season no one ever scrutinizes Ws no matter how dubious they were.

5. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

this.

next week is a tough game @ oakland. it´s always tough @ oakland. but the chiefs won the last 7 @ raiders. so it´s impossible :icon_smile:

after week 9
    chefs 6-2
    raiders 4-5
    chargers 4-5 ?

Broncos ??? WHO CARES ? :icon_cheesygrin:

6. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Chiefs/Raiders is always a tough game...both teams come to play and win...very intense and nerve-wracking, and the winner usually isn't known until the very last play of the game.....best games of the year! :icon_cheesygrin:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

And yes, I do believe Haley needs to take a FG once in awhile....the Bills game, I really wish he would have...I was dead by the time we won the game! :icon_redface:

7. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I lost 5 years of my life watching it.

8. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I tell ya, I was about to have a nervous breakdown for real...I was really tired anyway after working all night, stayed up to watch the game, about to pass out from exhaustion, and I was literally on my knees by the end of the game, going 'oh please...just make the field goal succop!'...:icon_cheesygrin:

9. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

that bills game had me pacing back and forth lol my stream went out right b4 the bill made FG in OT lol and i hurried and heared the radio that Haley call a TO b4 that kick. i was running in circles lol