Tony Dungy Not Interested In Cowboys Head Coaching Job

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 12, 2010.

1. NBC's Tony Dungy joined the Dan Patrick show to talk about the big stories in the NFL. Dungy commented on the Dallas Cowboys potential opening in the offseason and if he thinks they'll call him. "I kind of expect to be contacted by everyone who has an opening," Dungy said. "I'm not interested. But you never know what's going to happen or who's going to call." Dan asked what he would say if Jerry Jones called him and asked if he should come visit. Here's what Dungy would say: "Jerry, it's not worth it. ... I do think it's a better job than people think. It would be somebody like me, but it wouldn't be me." Dungy said that Jones need to hire a proven commodity at head coach. "He needs a Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden or Mike Holmgren," Dungy said. "Those are the kind of guys he needs. All three of those guys would be pretty good right now." Dan asked if there's any chance Jones will hire a coordinator. "I don't know if he can right now. He's going to have to have someone with instant credibility," Dungy said.

Source: Sports Illustrated

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010
  2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

That's not surprising. I think he's happy doing what he's doing on NBC.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah that would work. go from a push over coach to a born again.

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea I agree. really tho who wants to coach the Cowboys now?

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Dungy is terrible on NBC, he needs to get back in the game so he can shut up for a change.

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

are you serious we might be crap right now but its one the premiere places to coach

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

No. Not anymore. Maybe in the 90s, but not now.

8. falloutboy14

falloutboy14 Rookie

Jerry Jones clearly does.

9. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

wtf? Who is this questions guy..and why does his first post of the site have NOTHING to do with this thread?

Staying on topic...i thing cower would be the best for them. They need someone to whip their asses into shape and get them to actually put forth effort. The game against the packers was TERRIBLE. They werent even trying after the first half.

10. Screw off spammer......

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Taken care of.

Now back to why Dungy would be a fool to take the Sowboy's head coaching job.

12. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Rookie

Not interested ? I don't blame him. I would not want to be humiliated (eventually) on a national stage weather I was a winning coach (Jimmy Johnson) OR a losing coach (i.e. Wade Phillips, etc...). Your dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't with Jerry Jones... As long as he personally has anything to do with the Cowboys they will 'never' see their full potential !

13. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

I hope Dungy does take a coaching job before too long, or at least quits being a commentator.