All Time Era NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Darius Ali, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Darius Ali

Darius Ali 1st Stringer

Let the bashing of the picks and discussions begin! Waiting on Sweets first pick! Remember to only post your picks in the other thread. Keep that one clean.

2. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

For clarification. When comparing older to newer players what philosophy are we taking? Are they to be compared in today's game exactly as they were or are we acting like they are all in a draft now, but all have had equal access to modern training, equiptment, supplements, etc?

I think we should give the old players the handicap of what they would do had they had access to all that modern players do, but I think we should clarify as that could effect drafting

3. Darius Ali

Darius Ali 1st Stringer

Well thats a good point but I'd say it would have to be on an individual basis when everyone votes. Its all up to everyones personal interpretation of how good that player is or was. Certain players in my opinion could span any era. Some could not. Thats just me. As an example... Say your worried about taking twinky Butkiss because he's a bit older. Dont be. I would take him. He was a beast.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Sweets took imo the best or second best qb of all time in Peyton Manning. Not a bad way to start this off.

Sl1m3y Your on the clock!

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

This game should be very interesting...

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

No Joe Montana? Bogus! :icon_cheesygrin:

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

S1m3y will take him...

7. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

oh really:icon_evil:

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

axion

Good lord.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

You'd have been better off taking Montana...Vick?? really????

***the comment by Axion was moved from the actual Draft pick thread.***

I agree with Axion btw...

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Michael Vick....wow. At least it wasn't Leaf!

11. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I thought someone taking Ray Lewis at 1 in this sort of thing was bad.

12. Darius Ali

Darius Ali 1st Stringer

LOL! Michael Vick at number 2 in the entire history of NFL players huh... wow. Amazing.

LL Cool Bolt

Your on the clock!

13. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

mullet

Sorry, browser sucks, accidental post.

14. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Can you really pick one year's version of a player? Don't you have to take a career? And does that Vick pick include injury?

***admin edit*** moved this thread from the draft "pick" thread where no discussion or comments are allowed as stated in the first post of the discussion thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
  15. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Vick? Are you crapting me?

16. Darius Ali

Darius Ali 1st Stringer

Nope. Him taking Vick is just Vick. Not a one year version of him lol. Worst pick i've ever seen lol.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Ok, LL Cool Bolt has missed the 24hr window. He gets skipped. Mullet your on the clock!

17. MadMoxxiFavGun

nice i get ripped for taking vick but next dude misses his pick.

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Your life sucks huh...lol But you should have known you were going to get blasted for that pick, esp. as your first pick.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well youre basically saying that you view Mike Vick as the second best player in league history, you should expect to get blasted. I dont agree with the Manning pick either but at least the argument can legitimately be made.

20. MadMoxxiFavGun

if i didnt take vick he wouldnt have made it back to me. ill take the challenge of building a team that plays to his strengths