The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

roy, don't you have a 2011 draft thread you should focused on right about now ? :icon_cheesygrin:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Gotta wonder how much of this due to the o-line scrambles and Mike Vick and how much of it a direct result of the vicious case of dropsies he displayed earlier.

4. DawkinsINT

Yeah, and the loss of Leonard Weaver.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I just watched the Body Bag game. It was so great to see that stellar defense in action. It also gave me further proof that Byron Evans was so underrated.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

celek definitely hurt his numbers on the drops early in the season but he could have had a monster game yesterday had vick been more accurate earlier in the game like he was on the TD pass to him.

the offense insn't the issue obviously, the defense is. they are horrible. the 59 points the eagles dropped on the redskins overshadowed the fact that the defense gave up 28 points to a team that had to go one demesional very early on.

no consistent pass rush from the front four and when the any of the back sever are used the opposing offense is finding it way too easy to find an open receiver.

sport final put a stat out there, the eagles defense is the worst redzone defense in the league, giving up TD's 75% of the time.

yay team.

6. DawkinsINT

The Red Zone killed them offensively too. Nothing new there. Ugh.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

that int in the endzone turned out to be a 14pnt swing and turned the game around big for the bears. play of the game.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The defense played a nice stretch of games. No Samuel and no Juqua is major.

Inability in the red zone killed us yesterday as much as the defense. We had so many opportunities it's ridiculous. Shovel pass to Celek woulda been a TD. That pass off of Jackson's hands woulda been a TD. That up route by Celek that Vick overthrew early in the game looked like it would've been a TD. The INT by Vick likely would have been a TD if not at least a field goal.

As well as it seemed the Bears defense played us, we lost the game for them.

The two or three drives prior to that INT, the defense seemed to have figured the Bears out. They had a couple very nice series, but then forgot how to tackle and how to cover the all-pro tandem of Johnny Knox and Devin Hester.

As I said in the game thread, McDermott gets an F for the day as do Bradley, Hanson, Patterson, and well just about all of them.

9. DawkinsINT

No doubt. All 4 TDs were thrown to Samuels side.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Looking back on the draft so far...

DE Brandon Graham (Round 1, No. 13 from Michigan)

S Nate Allen (Round 2, No. 37 from South Florida)

DE Daniel Te’o-Nesheim (Round 3, Pick 86 from Washington)

CB Trevard Lindley (Round 4, Pick 105 from Kentucky)

QB Mike Kafka (Round 4, Pick 122 from Northwestern)

TE Clay Harbor (Round 4, Pick 125 from Missouri State)

DE Ricky Sapp (Round 5, Pick 134 from Clemson)

WR Riley Cooper (Round 5, Pick 159 from Florida)

RB Chad Scott (Round 6, Pick 200 from LSU)

LB Jamar Chaney (Round 7, Pick 220 from Mississippi State)

DT Jeff Owens (Round 7, Pick 243 from Georgia)

S Kurt Coleman (Round 7, Pick 244 from Ohio State)

Really not a bad draft at all so far. Few misses but nice contributions so far from Graham, Allen, Lindley, Harbor, Cooper, and Coleman.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

the defense's deficiencies have been covered up by the offense and the turnovers. you can not give up a touchdown 75% of the time in the redzone to opposing teams and expect to go anywhere.

this is a young defense and a young coordinator and it's showing. you just have to hope the talent starts to blossum sometime soon.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Great win tonight. Hard fought game. Defense bent more then I like but the offense put up enough points to let em get away with it. I wish these endzone drops would go away. They would be unstoppable if that were to happen.
    Now lets all get behind our old QB and root for a big game from Super 5 this Sunday. Don't worry Bigsexy.....I'm only asking for you to root for him this week.
    GO REDSKINS!!!!!!!!

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I will be cheering that sumsnitch on from the get go. :icon_cheesygrin:

Read more: Reid on injuries, penalties, Vick | Eagletarian | 12/03/2010
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

This team is a penalty machine. We have been lucky to overcome a lot of them, but we kill a bunch of our own drives and extend opponents' drives with a bunch of this silly crap. I don't know why we constantly have 10+ penalties almost every game.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Very atypical for a Reid coached team late in the year. He usually seems to have gotten the team's penalties checked by now.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

well when you have a lot of younger talent playing along with jason peters 10 actually seems like a little low.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

injury news:

bradley out indefinitely with dislocated elbow.

graham: on the IR with a blown out ACL

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Graham: shame. he had a lot more to prove this year.

Bradley: not sure how bad this news is. but I'm certain Chaney isn't the answer. has Gaither really fallen that out of favor with the coaches that they are entrusting a 7th round rookie over him???

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

19. The Eagles could actually miss the playoffs if they lose this week to the G-Men, even if they win out afterward and finish 11-5.

That would require Tampa Bay finishing 11-5. The Buccaneers would get in over the Eagles based on conference record.

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

My understanding sunday is that omar might still get the nod. He just wasn't active sunday.