The Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread (2010)

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by smeags, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Young & cheap... you must be describing your dates.

1 person likes this.
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...nothing wrong with that...

3. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Isn't Lincecum getting around $13 mil in 2011? I didn't realize that was cheap... Hamels will be making $9.5 mil. I guess compared to Halladay, Oswalt, & Lee $13 mil is on the cheap side :icon_rolleyes:

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

im barely here, and I still have to spread rep around for you sir. That was brilliant

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

so it seems werth is a little pissed off that he didnt consider the phils offer now. although it's not clear if the phils would've went after lee if they re-signed werth it would seem as if they just may have.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah Werth a little bitter.

"They got their boy back, I guess, and that's fine. I think that's good. I like that. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best. They make their plays, and we're going to make ours."

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foKhrNPxJPE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Cliff Lee and Jayson Werth[/ame]

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Philthy starting rotation.

11. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Usually I'm sceptical of these "superteams" so to speak, but I honestly do not know how this can fail for the Phillies. Yankees must feel sick comparing to their crapty overpaid rotation (Barring CC).

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I guess money CAN'T buy you everything you want.

13. DawkinsINT

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I missed it Dawk. How was it?

15. DawkinsINT

It was ok. He was very complimentary about Philly in his time here as well as their signing of Lee. He kind of slipped up about signing with Washington something along the lines of, "Baseball is a business and sometimes you have to do things you don't really want to do".

16. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Ouch but I enjoyed reading it.