Mike Shanahan Won't Guarantee Donovan McNabb Will Return In 2011

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Dec 17, 2010.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Danny offered that contract to McNabb before the season started. I can almost guarantee if he had a way to take that offer away after the first half of the season, he would have.

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I find it hilarious that McNabb got benched for Rex Grossman. I find that absolutely freaking hysterical. He can't seem to fight off REX GROSSMAN from taking his job.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mcnabb getting benched is completely BS.

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I find it hilarious that ANYONE could think this might be an assessment that Rex is better then 5.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

So basically what I am hearing is that all ye backers of McNabb feel he doesn't need to EARN the starting job, he should be HANDED IT ON A PLATTER because of what he did in the past on a different team with a different offense.

Because he is in the bottom third of every statistical category for a quarterback except yardage.

If it were my team, I would freaking HOPE they would bunch a quarterback playing like that. But that's just me.

2 people like this.
  6. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Thank you!!!!! McNabb is washed up, and Andy Reid knew it. That is why he is in Washington. McNabb will need an all star cast to be successful in the NFL. McNabb is washed up... ppl need to get over it. /rant

1 person likes this.
  7. Agent Zero

And this! ^^^^^^

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I call BULLCRAP. You would have been all over Kolb's nuts if he had stayed the starter and put up the exact same stats. You would have been saying. It's his first year, gotta be patient with the kid etc, etc, etc.
    Nobody is saying that McNabb has been GREAT in DC but I will say that neither would Brady/Manning/Brees etc. I don't need to give the MANY reasons why he was anything short of perfection in DC but I will simply say that "because he sucks" isn't one of them and everyone but his haters know that. What we are saying that you don't seem to understand is that if the coach wasn't either crazy or a moron or desperate for a scapegoat then he would not bench him for Grossman.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I hate to give you props, but this is on the heckin' money. Some people seem to forget that the biggest supporter in probably McNabb's entire life traded him away TO A DIVISION RIVAL with a huge question mark as to who would replace him.

Wanna know whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Because the owners/ management was as sick of listening to haters like you as I am?

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'd be all over Kolb's nuts if he threw 40 straight interceptions. I love the guy as a person, much like you do with McNabb.
    Desperate for a scapegoat? You think he doesn't already have one in Haynesworth? If he was 65% / 20 TDs / 10 INTs on the year you would have a leg to stand on. The guy has been subpar, and subpar players get benched. Plain and simple.

But again... forget that he hasn't played up to the money he is making or the picks they gave up for him... he USED to be really good, so he should start.

Yeah!

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

ONLY thing that will settle this debate is next year. If 5 bounces back with a better team then will you all eat crow? I doubt it.... if he wins a SB you will say it was due to everyone else on the team but HIM. Anything less to you will be pure proof that your right and that he is garbage.
    Haters gonna hate.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I would actually eat a dead crow if McNabb ever won a Super Bowl. I have a better chance of banging Marisa Miller.

15. Mcnabb has no help! He has no player's that would start on the majority of NFL teams save Chris Cooley (who once again as I said isn't even used) and Santana Moss excluding the o.line.

16. Agent Zero

I would pull up a chair and join in on that feast. McNabb was a good QB in Philly.. He is done... plain and simple..

EDIT: Fellas.. Don't take my hating on McNabb now as me hating on his career. McNabb had a fantastic career in Philly. But he has just run his course, it is time to put this dog to sleep.. :(

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

zero....look at 5's numbers last year prior to the starting center getting injured right before the cowboys games. He was still playing great. Last 2 years in Philly were consecutive franchise scorin records. Why would he so suddenly suck so much?

18. Agent Zero

Can't really answer why he all of a sudden sucks.. But he does. And to be honest I don't think it is the "system" or the coaching. I just believe Andy Reid knew it was over for him. Why else would he be traded to a division rival???????

Either McNabb is finished or Reid is the dumbest coach in history.. Pick one man.. lol

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

That turns out to be the biggest slap in the face...lol...Reid trading him to the Redskins.

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Cause the Redskins were willing to give more then anyone else and Reid was told he had to move him. By the way we would be a playoff lock if 5 hadn't come home and beat us in the 1st match up : (