You Know What We Could Use? More Weekly Features

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Dec 25, 2010.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I like the on the rise and on the decline type stuff. Highlight a guy coming up guy and someone who's on the decline.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So anything thrown out there anyone is committing to?

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'd love to do the "PTI'ish" blog. 2 writers, 2 different points of view. I'd like to be one of the writers and see someone else come in.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

one more idea for the college experts who feel they have nothing to write about after the draft...........

in may, june, and july, do a weekly 'rookie spotlight' of some middle to late-round players that people may not know much about. Do 5 or 10 randomly selected players a week and discuss their college career, personal life, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Fans of each team will like learning more about their mid-to late draft picks that they don't really know anything about.

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

That's sounds good bc I am one who like college football nut other than the "stars" I don't much on the other guys

Id be down to partner up with Duke. I believe he is not a fan of the cowboys (I can't see I'm on the mobile site) so I think that woild work better

6. I really like this idea as well.

7. I like this idea. I'll do that if you want. :icon_smile:

I think it's a great idea.

8. CaptainStubing

i think the readers of GIF would love it. Most fans know nothing about their 4th or 5th round picks but a weekly feature talking about some of these 'less known' rookies would help them get to know their new players a little better.

SRW will probably want some sort of commitment but you are a great college football guy and would be perfect for something like this.

9. CaptainStubing

is your brain still not functioning properly after the holidays? :icon_cheesygrin: ...... i believe you're getting weekly off-season commitments already from:

Omen and The Duke for: a weekly point/counterpoint-type piece

adamwilson for: weekly pre-draft info and then weekly post-draft rookie spotlights after the draft

Captain for: weekly off-season winners/losers

The rest of the inputs in this thread didn't really seem to be 'weekly' commitments ........ they were a little more random but someone else may step up to take the 'on the rise/decline' and do it weekly.

10. Omen

It was sweets bday yesterday so he may be exhauserwd

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I am an Eagles fan and happen to be a Mets fan as well!! So that should work well!!

12. Omen

U double suck.....that's sounds good dude I guess u seen I root for the braves as well

13. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

don't worry Ochocinco will give me something to blog about during the offseason, at least we can count on him for that :icon_rolleyes:

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I also was thinking. While weekly features are a great idea, what about an online magazine or a podcast? I think we could bolster more folks wanting to sign up to possibly get the online magazine. This kind of makes sensein my head right now but I've had a lot of Vicodin so if this doesn't make sense, sorry.

15. Omen

Oh we are gonna get along good Duke.....